CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

Oh, you meant the teaser. But yeah, they should get on with that.

Hopefully it's with Genisys. With the early teaser I'd bet the trailer will land earlier than Skyfall's (which was late July)

Can t believe they are still shooting this for an early November ww premiere and release.

Post production is gonna be tight as frak.

It always is for Bond films. Luckily now the Morocco scenes (most of which have already been shot at Pinewood I believe) are the very last bit left. And apparently Mendes works in an interesting way - he films a 1/4 of a film and then when not filming the next 1/4 he is editing the 1/4 he just shot. So while he was filming in Italy he'd have been editing the Austria and first set of Pinewood scenes, when in Mexico he'd probably do Italy and so on...they'll have a good cut ready by the end of filming, so only bits left are VFX (especially the last act) and score.

Hopefully it's with Genisys. With the early teaser I'd bet the trailer will land earlier than Skyfall's (which was late July)

It always is for Bond films. Luckily now the Morocco scenes (most of which have already been shot at Pinewood I believe) are the very last bit left. And apparently Mendes works in an interesting way - he films a 1/4 of a film and then when not filming the next 1/4 he is editing the 1/4 he just shot. So while he was filming in Italy he'd have been editing the Austria and first set of Pinewood scenes, when in Mexico he'd probably do Italy and so on...they'll have a good cut ready by the end of filming, so only bits left are VFX (especially the last act) and score.

Yeah, I know you can edit while you shoot, the Hunger Games documentary shows Gary ross in a tent with his editor, editing the movie as he shoots it.

It s the VFX that take time now and there are plenty of them, even in a Bond film.

Edited by The Futurist

This is gonna...slightly decrease domestic, but fucking kill it international...right?

Skyfall over performed like crazy in Europe, dunno if the magic can happen twice.

The UK run was cray, cray and 7m admissions in France is enormous.

Skyfall over performed like crazy in Europe, dunno if the magic can happen twice.

Yeah who knows. Skyfall might be peak but...I'm kinda feeling it...overseas. Plus who knows, China might embrace this one.

Missed this yesterday: more thoughts on the new trailer that debuted at CineEurope from Russian film industry portal KinoMetro (http://www.kinometro.ru/news/show/name/cineeurope-2015-sony-008)

They also showed a new trailer at the presentation, which is still as secretive and as intriguing as the teaser. One thing that caught the eye was the relatively low amount of action compared to, for instance, the Mission Impossible trailer

11358302_1436729053318010_1401897473_n.j

10846061_884758858283599_432616928003419

I' still think Skyfall was the best blockbuster of 2012, but the SPECTRE teaser was pretty mediocre. This could do with a killer trailer, and the paper thin post production time doesn't inspire a great deal of confidence.

It's similar post production schedule as Skyfall (and previous Bonds in fact), only later by a few weeks but essentially the same. I'm not worried. And for the record I loved the teaser, the full trailer should keep the similar tone as I posted above but hopefully with more new footage they can really pull off something great. Plus - apparently Newman has been scoring the new trailer I hear...

Also the Times are claiming Smith for title track: http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/Arts/article1574542.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2015_06_28

Edited by antovolk
  • Like 2

Yet Skyfall OS comes mostly with this, the exhange rates could still prevent Spectre making over a $ billion.