AniNate

JUICY WEEKEND - BJBJ releases with $111M (DHD)

3 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

So with Scream 6 and now this, post-Wednesday Jenna Ortega is a certified BO pull, right?

Scream, idk cus I feel like Neve Campbell not being there might have also detracted people so it’s hard to judge. But Beetlejuice? No fucking way at least part of this movie’s success isn’t due to her. I’d bet actual money that the majority of people under 20 going to see this wouldn’t give 2 shits about this movie if she wasn’t in it. 

that is if I had money to bet, which I dont

Edited by CheeseWizard
  • ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, AniNate said:

IO2 was hanging on to wide release by a thread as it was, inevitable that it was gonna be the major casualty of a new big tentpole. What is surprising though is how much DM4 dropped off as well. I didn't think theaters would ditch both of them but apparently they decided families would turn out enough for Beetlejuice 

Inside Out 2 could always just stay in theaters until November lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

So with Scream 6 and now this, post-Wednesday Jenna Ortega is a certified BO pull, right?

Depends on how keen she is to promote a project. I imagine Lionsgate would've wanted to do a bigger release for Miller's Girl in theatres earlier this year but she didn't want to promote it. I think she attended the premiere but otherwise didn't make any posts on social media about its theatrical release or streaming release. She left it to Martin Freeman to do interviews/press, etc. and it ended up only doing $321,000 on 350 screens.

trailers trailers trailers @Eric Deetz @WrathOfHan

7x:

Speak No Evil: I Saw the TV Glow, Longlegs, Deadpool & Wolverine UltraScreen DLX, Oddity, Trap, Strange Darling, Blink Twice

6x:

Alien: Romulus: Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga UltraScreen DLX, The Watchers, Longlegs, Saw, Deadpool & Wolverine UltraScreen DLX, Trap

5x:

Horizon: An American Saga - Chapter 2: Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga UltraScreen DLX, The Bikeriders, The Watchers, Fly Me to the Moon, Horizon: An American Saga - Chapter 1
The Wild Robot: One Life, Luca Round 3, Kung Fu Panda 4 3D, Inside Out 2, Despicable Me 4
Mufasa: The Lion King: Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, Inside Out 2 Round 0, Inside Out 2, Deadpool & Wolverine UltraScreen DLX, Twisters 4DX
Beetlejuice Beetlejuice: Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire IMAX, Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga UltraScreen DLX, Inside Out 2 Round 0, Trap, Twisters 4DX

4x:

White Bird: Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby, Elemental 3D, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby
Cuckoo: Late Night with the Devil, Longlegs, Saw, Oddity
Wicked: Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga UltraScreen DLX, Inside Out 2, Despicable Me 4, Twisters 4DX

3x:

The Crow: Boy Kills World Round 0 Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga UltraScreen DLX, Saw
Smile 2: Longlegs, Saw, Oddity
Moana 2: Inside Out 2 Round 0, Inside Out 2, Despicable Me 4
Transformers One: Inside Out 2 Round 0, Inside Out 2, Twisters 4DX
Nosferatu: Kinds of Kindness 35mm, Strange Darling, Blink Twice
Joker: Folie à Deux: Trap, Strange Darling, Blink Twice

2x:

The Fantastic Four: First Steps: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Adhira: RRR, RRR Round 2
It Ends With Us: Fly Me to the Moon, Horizon: An American Saga - Chapter 1
Borderlands: The Watchers, Deadpool & Wolverine UltraScreen DLX
Coraline 3D: Oddity, Trap

Piece by Piece: Deadpool & Wolverine UltraScreen DLX, Despicable Me 4
A Real Pain: Oddity, Strange Darling

1x:

Elio: Elemental 3D
Blink Twice: Challengers
Wolfs: Fly Me to the Moon
Megalopolis: Longlegs
Afraid: Longlegs
Strange Darling: Longlegs
Anora: Longlegs
Captain America: Brave New World: Deadpool & Wolverine UltraScreen DLX
Never Let Go: Oddity
Memoir of a Snail: Oddity
Skincare: Oddity
Flight Risk: Trap
Heretic: Trap
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever: Despicable Me 4
Hit Pig: Despicable Me 4
Wildwood: Coraline Round 2 3D
A Different Man: Strange Darling
The Substance: Strange Darling
The Monkey: Strange Darling
Slingshot: Strange Darling
God’s Not Dead: In God We Trust: Twisters 4DX
Super/Man: The Christopher Reeve Story: Twisters 4DX
Kraven the Hunter: Twisters 4DX
A Complete Unknown: Blink Twice
My Old Ass: Blink Twice

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 1
  • Heart 1

2 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

If Joker gets bad WOM, I think it can miss top 5 of 2024 domestically

That seems pretty likely regardless. I always expected a drop from Joker 1 and we already have three films over 350M with some potential big films this fall. 

Full on bad Wom gives it a shot to miss the top 10. 

• Like 1

@Blankments @WrathOfHan love you bb

17x:

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice: Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire, We Grown Now, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga, IF, The Garfield Movie, Young Woman and the Sea, The Watchers, Inside Out 2, Thelma, Inside Out 2 Round 2, Horizon: An American Saga - Part 1, Trap, Didi, Twisters Round 2, Between the Temples, Twister

13x:

Alien: Romulus: Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire, The First Omen, Late Night with the Devil, Alien, Abigail, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga, The Watchers, A Quiet Place: Day One, Horizon: An American Saga - Part 1, MaXXXine, Deadpool & Wolverine, Trap

Speak No Evil: Alien, Abigail, The Watchers, Kinds of Kindness, MaXXXine, Longlegs, Twisters, Deadpool & Wolverine, Trap, Didi, Alien: Romulus, Strange Darling, Blink Twice

10x:

Mufasa: The Lion King: Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, Young Woman and the Sea, Inside Out 2, Inside Out 2 Round 2, The Lion King, Inside Out 2 Round Three, Alien: Romulus, Coraline, Twisters Round 2, Twister

9x:

Transformers One: IF, Inside Out 2, A Quiet Place: Day One, Horizon: An American Saga - Chapter 1, The Lion King, Twisters, Coraline, Twisters Round 2, Twister

The Wild Robot: Kung Fu Panda 4, Luca, Shrek 2, We Grown Now, Mars Express, Young Woman and the Sea, Inside Out 2, The Lion King, Between the Temples

8x:

Wicked: Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga, IF, Twisters, Deadpool & Wolverine, Didi, Coraline, Twisters Round 2, Twister

7x:

Joker: Folie a Deux: Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga, Bad Boys: Ride or Die, Trap, Didi, Alien: Romulus, Strange Darling, Blink Twice

6x:

Elio: Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, The Incredibles, Coco, The Lion King, Moana

5x:

Borderlands: The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare, Wildcat, Inside Out 2 Round 2, Kinds of Kindness, Deadpool & Wolverine

4x:

White Bird: Thor: Love and Thunder, Are You There God? It's Me Margaret, The Little Mermaid, IF

A Real Pain: Kinds of Kindness, Twisters, Strange Darling, Between the Temples

Moana 2: Inside Out 2, Inside Out 2 Round 2, The Lion King, Inside Out 2 Round 3

3x:

The Crow: Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire, Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga, Alien: Romulus

My Old Ass: Kinds of Kindness, Longlegs, Blink Twice

Red One: Twisters, Alien: Romulus, Blink Twice

2x:

Cuckoo: Immaculate, Longlegs

My Penguin Friend: The Garfield Movie, Young Woman and the Sea

Smile 2: A Quiet Place: Day One, Alien: Romulus

Venom: The Last Dance: Bad Boys: Ride or Die, Trap

Heretic: MaXXXine, Trap

Kraven the Hunter: Twisters Round 2, Twister

A Complete Unknown: Deadpool & Wolverine, Blink Twice

Nosferatu: The Bikeriders, A Quiet Place: Day One

Captain America: Brave New World: Deadpool & Wolverine, Alien: Romulus

1x:

Spoiler

Ryan's World the Movie: Titan Universe Adventure: Inside Out 2

Blink Twice: Challengers

The Forge: Didi

Strange Darling: Longlegs

Reagan: Horizon: An American Saga - Part 1

The Front Room: MaXXXine

The Killer's Game: Twisters

Never Let Go: Blink Twice 

The Substance: Strange Darling

Wolfs: Bad Boys: Ride or Die

Megalopolis: Strange Darling

Saturday Night: Between the Temples

Piece by Piece: Inside Out 2 Round 2

Anora: Longlegs

Flight Risk: Horizon: An American Saga - Part 1

The Unbreakable Boy: King Richard

Wildwood: Coraline

1 hour ago, Eric Deetz said:

Oh HELL to the no. I would kill myself if some jerkoff did this shit at my theater lmao

Depends on how good of an actor they are honestly. Could be funny but nothing's worse then watching something like that fall flat

5 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

Holy shit if true . That would be an insane jump. Even if the late showings tail off a little like last night and it only does like 38-39 that would be a dam good Sat bump.

Edited by emoviefan

I’m a little surprised we haven’t gotten an OS estimate from Deadline or Charlie yet. 

I suppose it’s international haul must not be interesting enough to track I suppose. 

Edited by AnthonyJPHer