AniNate

JUICY WEEKEND - BJBJ releases with $111M (DHD)

1 minute ago, Ryan C said:

Oh, come on! I just get out of seeing the movie a second time and as soon as I pull up my phone, I get an update that's lower than even a few hours ago. 

Ok, $100M+ is still probably happening and Deadline was lowballing as I expected (they don't win unless this falls below nine digits), but still. That's not the first thing I wanna see as soon as I get out of the theater.

I don’t think it’ll fall below 100m. I have a feeling Saturday will preform great. And Friday could increase again. Possibly. Guess we’ll find out for sure tomorrow. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cooper Legion said:

Neither were gotg in 2014, or captain America in 2011, or thor in 2011, or doctor strange in 2016, or Shang-Chi in 2021, or so on and so on. Don’t really need much pre-existing popularity to open 100M nowadays as long as you’ve got a decent movie, good marketing, and not a big build up of brand damage (the DS2-QM stretch of fiascos is a bit faded now, as well as some D+ stinkers, and DPW has hopefully helped some). We’ll see in time whether they can deliver on the first two 

Also just not having 100 MCU projects in a year probably helps bit with making the movies feeling more special. Tho it feels like with the split of Studio, Television and Animation they did now it´s all standalonething again like before with minimal connection. Don´t see any show coming out having any ties to any movie in the future. More people probably felt inclined to watch everything in 2021 when they went hard on D+ show and the peak was still very high.

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Also I am actually thinking nothing could open to 100 million next year until Avatar 3 at the very end of the year 

Unlikely. Something in 2025 will break out to 100m before December 2025. it’s happened every single year since 2022. 2022s first 100m opener was The Batman in March, 2023’s first 100m opener was Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantamania In February and 2024’s first opener was Inside Out 2 in June. It’d be the first year ever (excluding 2020 and 2021, since Spider-Man did it at the end of the year) that a year has gone on that long without a 100m opener. 

My bet is on Jurassic World Rebirth, or Zootopia 2

I’m thinking Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian would have done about as well as something like Son of Mask. It just seems like such an ill-conceived idea.

This route was probably the better option, in retrospect.

46 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

kinda surprised im going to end up slightly disappointed with the ow of something I thought was going to open to 30 million a few months ago 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't follow Marvel that much and even with that i kinda see extra hype for a fantastic 4 movie inside the MCU universe. If the movie gets good reviews i think could open with over 100M 

then I don' think with scarlett Johansson and a "new saga" Jurassic can really go from the 145M opening of the last to less than 100M. Very very easily will make more.

And as someone said after inside out numbers Zootopia 2 could do It too, who knows.

Also again i don't follow cinecomics world too much but no One talks about Superman?. A new reboot of Superman made by guardians of galaxy director etc.. It's not a likely 100m opener on july? Now the fans watch these film in IMAX etc..? Seems likely to me. 

Edited by vale9001

Not sure about F4 but if a new Batman looked like a spin off opened with 123 M on March the new Superman reboot (is also an universe reboot if i didn't get wrong, so anyone can see it) It's gonna open big in july at least it's not totally panned.

Man of steel opened with 128M a lifetime ago now. 

Edited by vale9001

I checked to see what the Friday-to-Sunday weekend multiplier would be like for Beetlejuice Beetlejuice with both Charlie's early $44M Friday estimate and now the updated $42M. The bad news is that Beetlejuice (unless Saturday goes crazy) is probably not gonna beat IT for the top September opening weekend. The good news is that it should still at the very least hit $100M over three days. 

Before the second update, Charlie had the film with a $44M opening day open to between $105M-$112M. That would be a Friday-to-Sunday multiplier between 2.387 and 2.546. 

Now if this ends up hitting $42M and we use those same exact multipliers, we're looking at worst a $100.2M opening. At best, we could be looking at $107M over three days for Beetlejuice Beetlejuice. So even if the update is lower, the chances of $100M is still pretty good now. 

I probably look really crazy by deeply analyzing a few estimates from one person, but I just really want this movie to hit nine digits over the weekend and it's gonna be really frustrating (even if this movie is doing so much more than we ever could've expected) if it just misses out on that century mark. 

I sincerely hope that all of this worry can go away by the morning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thajdikt said:

Sam is more popular than people here act (not that big but people act like he´s nobody) and Thunderbolts have Pugh and Stan to give some interest for the fanbase at least. The Marvels pretty much ended up with every ingredient for failure in the end. Cap 4 trailer got a good response, the Red Hulk stuff have garnered interest, also opening over a holiday weekend and being the first big movie of 2025 and since Christmas will help it. At least OW. Don´t know how much that will be in the end, but Marvels levels seems doubtful. 

Weren't cap trailer numbers around the vicinity of the marvels.

This has an advantage of black history month and releasing over president's day weekend which should atleast 80m+ 4 day at worst IMO.

Thunderbolts the same .Florence Pugh are popular within our circles but GA couldn't really care less until the movie is good.

Cap 4 and Thunderbolts are  WOM dependent  otherwise they will just crash and burn.

F4 looks good(expecting the batman/guardians  1 numbers) for now. But it's also a wildcard . 

2026 is that hot anticipated year for the MCU .