AniNate

JUICY WEEKEND - BJBJ releases with $111M (DHD)

11 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Inside Out 2 only grossed 66K on Thursday. It's not passing Jurassic World's $653.406M. If it does then it's gonna require a little boost like how Disney boosted BP to 700M.

I doubt Disney cares about the top 10.

They can already claim IO2 is the biggest animated movie.

Edited by grey ghost

1 hour ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

28.5m True Friday. If it hits 35m Saturday and 30m Sunday we should be seeing a 106.5m 3-day weekend. Plus the 13m previews

It’s not dropping that little on Sunday

• Like 1

Rough hold for Twisters, guess it is probably gonna max out at $270mil at best. Good domestic run at least though. Maybe will encourage more theaters to invest in 4DX so I'd actually be able to have that option within 200 miles of me.

1 hour ago, JonathanMB said:

$100M is not quite locked, but I think it's more likely than not now? 

For someone like me who doesn't even know this movie exist until two month ago, a 100m OW is certainly a biggest shock of the year. IO2 and DW are "bigger than big" shock situation but Juice wasn't even in my radar to bother predicting it. Really hoping that Saturday can deliver big for Juice to come above 100m, we really need a non-Disney 100m, can't let Disney own that club. Diversity matters.

Speaking of Disney, looks like IO2 would have to crawl past JW at this point. I take 653.4m as JW's total since that re-release come before IO2 was released.   

19 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Rough hold for Twisters, guess it is probably gonna max out at $270mil at best. Good domestic run at least though. Maybe will encourage more theaters to invest in 4DX so I'd actually be able to have that option within 200 miles of me.

expected. It lost a bunch of theaters and screens. Really shows that if it had another week of PLF it likely would have passed 300m

• Like 1

It would likley beat JW overseas and internationally this weekend it doesnt matter if it Beats it domestically it is the first animated movie to get 650m After all

B+ CS grade for Beetlejuice Beetlejuice is actually pretty solid for it. In terms of direct competition, there isn't a single PG-13 aspiring tentpole until Venom 3 at the end of October, where it'll be really close to Halloween, so I expect it's going to play for a while, especially as the fall's most high-profile (and most broadly appealing) spooky season-adjacent title.

lol IO2 just dropped off a cliff. 

Been waiting for it to pass JW all this time and right at the final hurdle, it's gone. Lame.

At least it has passed $650m and beaten The Lion King WW as well.

16 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Is Deadpool & Wolverine gonna pass Barbie DOM?

Probably not. Barbie labor day was in this exactly week last day plus at some point i remember an IMAX release (for the First time) in September.

Edited by vale9001

Prior to 2024, no PG-13 movie did between $235m and $315m since Hunger Games: Mockingjay 2 back in 2015.

This year however, Twisters, Dune, and potentially Beetlejuice (if it misses $315m) will land in that range. 

31 minutes ago, filmlover said:

B+ CS grade for Beetlejuice Beetlejuice is actually pretty solid for it. In terms of direct competition, there isn't a single PG-13 aspiring tentpole until Venom 3 at the end of October, where it'll be really close to Halloween, so I expect it's going to play for a while, especially as the fall's most high-profile (and most broadly appealing) spooky season-adjacent title.

I think it’s going to be more front loaded then your expecting. Families have other options like Transformers One and The Wild Robot for younger kids. 

Edited by babz06