AniNate

JUICY WEEKEND - BJBJ releases with $111M (DHD)

1 minute ago, AniNate said:

My thought was O'Hara left home alone, and she takes out baddies Thelma style.

I'm sorry but that's a genuinely amazing idea. Unfortunately haven't seen Thelma yet, but an old Catherine O'Hara taking down bad buys? Sign me up for that!

3 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

I was thinking a few days ago $600M worldwide, but that's pretty much all dependent on legs both domestically and internationally these next couple of weeks. 

With those good PostTrak scores though, it seems like this is set for a pretty healthy run until the very end of October. 

I’m just hoping to god that it isn’t Twisters 2.0. Because if it lands really well OS we could be seeing a 700m grosser. Similar to IT (2017) actually 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I'd be on board with that movie too! Though that movie in my mind wouldn't be nearly as innocuous as a Home Alone revival would probably strive to be heh.

There's ways you could still make it appeal to kids I'm sure. Like maybe she befriends a spunky 6 year old that reminds her of Kevin's youth

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

How would a Home Alone legacy sequel even work? Kevin McCallister teaches his child how to elaborately take out burglars in the event of a break-in, criminals do such while Kevin's not around, hijinks happen, and then when it appears the kid is suddenly danger, he shows up in the climax to help him knock out the baddies? Good luck explaining all of that to the authorities when they show up without sounding insane lol.

I think it works if Culkin is the lead burglar. Pair him with Goggins. Verbinski directs and goes full Mousehunt with the style.

• Like 2

Home alone with old actors in old roels doesn't make sense. I don't think would be a big success.

Elf 2 could do better. 

I think they should try a new Grinch live action too. With a live action It could have also a target of oldest people and not only families, while animated movies not that much . 

Great Posttrack number for Beetlejuice , more female than i anticipated and 4,5/5 stars is great also . A-/A cinemascore. With the impact of NFL yesterday and older people , i expect big jump for Friday but also good jump or hold for the rest of the weekend and weekdays. Until Joker 2 , he will be fine even with the competition. 270-300M DOM for me

25 minutes ago, Eric Deetz said:

Back to the Future 4 sounds even worse. I mean all of these sequel ideas are terrible, but Michael J. Fox deserves his peace and quiet instead of being given some thankless "passing the torch" role.

We multiverse now. We'd finally get the Eric Stoltz Marty we've always been curious about!

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

How would a Home Alone legacy sequel even work? Kevin McCallister teaches his child how to elaborately take out burglars in the event of a break-in, criminals do such while Kevin's not around, hijinks happen, and then when it appears the kid is suddenly danger, he shows up in the climax to help him knock out the baddies? Good luck explaining all of that to the authorities when they show up without sounding insane lol.

Harry and Marv track down an Adult Kevin, they run him off the road causing a horrible car accident, Kevin survives but the accident leaves him mentally disabled with the mind of an 8 year old. His family have to look after him now, for Christmas they all go away together but accidentally leave Kevin Home Alone, Harry and Marv notice this and come back to finish the job, however, Kevin has set up, more elaborate traps around the house to prove that he is not utterly worthless.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Home alone with old actors in old roels doesn't make sense. I don't think would be a big success.

Elf 2 could do better. 

I think they should try a new Grinch live action too. With a live action It could have also a target of oldest people and not only families, while animated movies not that much . 

I think two Grinch film adaptations (in different mediums) have already scratched that itch. Although a live-action adaptation made today would definitely place whoever plays him in a mocap suit vs. the extensive, several hour makeup process that Carrey has been on the record saying he hated going through while making the 2000 movie.

3 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

The 80s nostalgia wave of the 2010s-early 2020s was enough. Let's please leave the 90s in the 90s.

Well I hope you aren't paying attention to what is releasing on December 20, 2024. Or just...any time in the last ten years lmao

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Shawshank Redemption 2 where Andy and Red have to break back into Shawshank to rescue his Brooks' grandson

And a young Michael Scofield was visiting Shawshank on a tour that day to tie it into the larger Prison Break universe

• Like 1