HeyItsMoses

RT Score: The Avengers vs The Dark Knight Rises

SuperHero Quality Showdown  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which SuperHero will score Higher on RottenTomatoes?

• The Avengers
    • The Dark Knight Rises
    • The Amazing Spider-Man

MC is better overall compared to RT but it has flaws as well.

Biggest flaw on MC is that it only counts so-called top critics. In some ways this is a good thing, but in some ways it isn't. Most top critics are older folks who have a fairly narrow-minded view of what a good movie is. I think there are a number of bloggers on Rotten Tomatoes who absolutely shouldn't be counted on there, but there are plenty of bloggers on there with legitimately solid critical analysis of the films they review.

Score tells it all. A movie can be a safe, well received film without any polarizing stuff, therefore no one really dislikes it, but it won't reach 10/10s and 5/5s either. So I rather have a 8.3 and "just" 92%, then a 7.9 score with 95%.p.s. No need fore this thread. Could be discussed in the Tomato Watch thread.

Edited by The Dark Alfred

Score tells it all. A movie can be a safe, well received film without any polarizing stuff, therefore no one really dislikes it, but it won't reach 10/10s and 5/5s either. So I rather have a 8.3 and "just" 92%, then a 7.9 score with 95%.p.s. No need fore this thread. Could be discussed in the Tomato Watch thread.

No. Only way average score tells it all is if we get every reviewer to give us a score.

MC doesn't have enough critics for my liking and RT has some people who shouldn't be there.I wish all reviewers gave a score on RT instead of some reviewers just giving fresh or rotten.

Edited by Magic

MC doesn't have enough critics for my liking and RT has some people who shouldn't be there.I wish all reviewers gave a score on RT instead of some reviewers just giving fresh or rotten.

Current reviewing system isn't perfect but its all we got unfortunately.

I think critics will judge TDKR harder because of the insanely amazing previous film so TA will most likely come out on top.There is a slight chance TDKR wins, but that requires it to be better then TDK. Not an easy task...TASM will be fresh but no where near these guys.I voted TA. :)

I think critics will judge TDKR harder because of the insanely amazing previous film so TA will most likely come out on top.There is a slight chance TDKR wins, but that requires it to be better then TDK. Not an easy task...TASM will be fresh but no where near these guys.I voted TA. :)

This too

The Avengers will probably end up dropping into the mid to high 80s. A lot of the people who tend to not like these movies haven't reviewed it yet and the % will end up becoming more in line with the average rating. So I don't see how it beats TDK's 94% (let alone its 8.4 average rating).Whether The Avengers can beat TDKR is another question entirely though. It's still very hard to say but my shot in the dark guess right now is that it'll beat TDKR's % but not its average rating.I think it'll end up looking something like this:The Avengers Percentage: 88%Average Rating: 7.9The Dark Knight RisesPercentage: 86%Average Rating: 8.2

Edited by Eraserhead

I must say I'm very confused why so many of you don't think this will fall below 95%. There's probably about a 90% chance of that happening. There are around 200 reviews to come and those that roll in later on tend to be more negative. Not to mention that many of them will be from "Top Critics" who often roll their eyes at these sorts of spectacle movies. The chances of this beating TDK's tomatometer are slim at best. It actually has a far better chance at beating TDKR.If you don't believe me, just watch.

I must say I'm very confused why so many of you don't think this will fall below 95%. There's probably about a 90% chance of that happening. There are around 200 reviews to come and those that roll in later on tend to be more negative. Not to mention that many of them will be from "Top Critics" who often roll their eyes at these sorts of spectacle movies. The chances of this beating TDK's tomatometer are slim at best. It actually has a far better chance at beating TDKR.If you don't believe me, just watch.

I agree. I'm not hating here (I haven't seen the movie yet, and don't think I'm pissed off about that! :P ), but some of the reviews have already mentioned how there's little to no substance to it.

I tend to agree. Social Network has a lower percentage than Avengers, but its average rating is off the charts compared to where Avengers is sitting right now. Odds are Avengers' average rating isn't going up over the next 200 reviews.

I did like The Social Network, but the reviews/reaction I've seen for The Avengers makes me think I'll enjoy it more. Being "more entertaining" is a big deal for a movie.

Avengers will because critics will have less of a story to criticize. They'll say TDKR is too politically motivated or something. The Avengers has the benefit of being a "fun" blockbuster type film, which receives a higher RT score.

Iron Man stayed at 94% with well over 200 reviews. I see no reason this can't finish with at least that. It seems like a movie that is pretty hard to hate, even with the critics that don't love it. DH2 is another one, that finished at 96%, nearly 300 reviews.

DH2 had a higher average rating though. DH2's average rating was 8.5 at this point. TA's is 8.1.