baumer

Weekend Actuals (almost everything dropped)

So DH2 made another $15m after a $4m WE.Is it possible for THG to make another $28m or so after this WE, even in the face of harsh competition from The Avengers, Battleship and The Dictator?

I would think so. If DH2 could take in $15m after a $4m weekend than THG should be able to pull less than double $15m after a weekend of over 2 and a half times $4m, even if it does have stiff competition. Edited by MovieMan89

I would think so. If DH2 could take in $15m after a $4m weekend than THG should be able to pull less than double $15m after a weekend of over 2 and a half times $4m, even if it does have stiff competition.

It just bothers me that DH2 was ending the major Summer releases, and faced little in the way of competition, but with THG, its heading straight for them.

Those 2 are VERY diffrent audineces.

At my last THG screening, judging from the audience reactions, it was mostly people who are unfamiliar with the story--i.e., not fans or THG's "typical audience". I suspect that many were people who went because THG is the event movie. In that respect, TA becoming the new event movie of 2012 could hurt.