Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

The 70-80m numbers were from a lot earlier on in the day though, I think the estimated number was around 65m around the same time of day for THG's Friday. I mean it could definitely go up for Avengers but probably not more than 2 or 3 million.

That probably came from LGF when they got too excited by the matinee reports. Rookies. :lol:

It's not necessarily just hype though. I try my best to make predictions based in mathematical fact while avoiding the emotional factor as much as I can. I didn't an OW record prediction because I fell into the hype, I did so because I could make a logistically sound case for it doing so.

Oh ok, for some reason I remember being pleasantly surprised on Saturday morning that the Friday number went up though.

It went up to 68M from 66M. Most people were pleasantly surprised Edited by spizzer

Nikki's not a mathematician she's just a blogger who posts box office numbers when people give them to her. They probably don't make sense to her either

• Like 4

To be honest, I never thought TA would beat THG opening weekend. LOL I didn't fall for the hype about the opening weekend record. However, I love the movie and it would just fine by me if it made more.

To be honest, I never thought TA would beat THG opening weekend. LOL I didn't fall for the hype about the opening weekend record. However, I love the movie and it would just fine by me if it made more.

I was you just five short days ago....then I got weak and fell into temptation. :slaphead:

what are matinees? i havent heard anything like that in australia

Early showings usually before 3 or 4 pm. They have cheaper ticket prices