Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

"So, 185m OW? or even higher ?"196+"Nope, I believe TDK sold more tickets either way. And probably SM3 as well."Frankly though no way we can be little this opening its beyond the most silliest predictions...

Edited by Lordmandeep

Alright if the 68 million number pans out, TDK's Sunday is probably doomed. Oh well, at least it'll lose the record to a good film... and it will have its shot to take back the title in July. B)

Edited by Eraserhead

Nope, I believe TDK sold more tickets either way. And probably SM3 as well.

Given SM3 attendances I say The Amazing Spiderman is highly underestimated here, as TA 2 month ago. Edited by Fullbuster

Here is my list prior to seeing Avengers. I would probably put it in the same neighborhood as IM1 or TDK, which would put it 6th or 7th on my list. But I still need to see it more to truly rate it. These other movies have held up during numerous repeat viewings.

1. Batman Begins

2. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

3. Superman: The Movie

4. Batman (1989)

5. X2: X-Men United

6. Iron Man

7. The Dark Knight

8. Batman Returns

9. X-Men: First Class

10. Batman: Under The Red Hood

I can overlook no Spidey on your list since you have that one. I was listing live action. I think BMOP is 15th on my list.

B- eh? More like a solid D in all honesty after SP2

Exactly. It's an F if I was grading on a curve like you, But I don't do that. I judge all films on their own merits. Even though SM3 completely screws up the continuity and seems like it wasn't even directed by Raimi, it's still entertaining and had just enough faithful scenes from some of my favorite comics to make it pretty watchable for me. I'd watch it for the Birth of Sandman and Church scenes alone.