Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Who wants to bet that we'll see reports of The Avengers being screened in IMAX next weekend? I don't know how, but people will demand that. And they will get.

Things will get nasty next weekend, I can predict that. If Warner gets mad, it'll be even worse, because people will still be wanting to see The Avengers in IMAX screenings and Warner will come off as a bully, trying to deny them that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boo hoo. A contract is a contract. I suspect WB gets special treatment from IMAX because the IMAX Corporation would not be where it is today without WB showing faith in the format years before any other studio was completely on board.

No, Avatar will keep that record. And what is WB going to do anyway? Take its ball and go home? Not like there is any other option for them with TDKR, especially since it doesn't have 3D.

You never know. That sort of action would set a precedence that could hurt WB down the line. They would be looking at this long term.These sorts of things usually get resolved anyway because nobody benefits, like the theatre chains threatening to not show Alice due to the shortened release. Edited by Magic

If that's a contract thing then I dont think Imax dares to break it.This is totally retarded. A film is losing all Imax screens RIGHT AFTER breaking the OW record by fvking 30m.

Edited by vc2002

If that's a contract thing then I dont think Imax dares to break it.This is totally retarded. A film is losing all Imax screens RIGHT AFTER breaking the OW record by fvking 30m.

I just don't see it happening. Seriously, I don't think this is the last we'll hear about this.

I was out for the last 5 hours, who estimated 205M ?

Nikki, but now we have this:

sunday will definetly be over 55mil 57 probably low end, actuals will be out in a few hours there will be a few adjustments across all days.

• Like 2

$57m is epic. That's $2m above TDK even adjusting for inflation and 3D.

But it's just the fanboys going to see it over and over. Frontloaded for sure. 66% drop next weekend guaranteed.

But it's just the fanboys going to see it over and over. Frontloaded for sure. 66% drop next weekend guaranteed.

Loved it when he said the Saturday hold was 'decent'. :lol:

Loved it when he said the Saturday hold was 'decent'.

I wish all the films I've liked have gotten a "decent" Saturday holds. :lol: :lol:And I wish to all the movies that I'll like in the future all the "decent" holds there are. :P