Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

OK, here is my theater as of 10:30pm2D - 10733D - 1232Total - 2305We have one more show at midnight(in 3D) that had 150 seats left, so if that sells out, we are looking at 2455 in attendance.The Hunger Games - 1984That's almost 500 more tickets sold and a 3D ratio of about 56%. I know this is just one theater out of many, but how in the hell is the number or this only $65ish?Also, we have already sold over 400 tickets for tomorrow.

Based on 16% higher admissions than Hunger Games plus a 15% 3D boost, you end up with $89.5 million. Even if it's not anywhere near that number, I feel very confident it's over $70m.

OK, here is my theater as of 10:30pm2D - 10733D - 1232Total - 2305We have one more show at midnight(in 3D) that had 150 seats left, so if that sells out, we are looking at 2455 in attendance.The Hunger Games - 1984That's almost 500 more tickets sold and a 3D ratio of about 56%. I know this is just one theater out of many, but how in the hell is the number or this only $65ish?Also, we have already sold over 400 tickets for tomorrow.

How many shows did THG and TA get respectively?

Thanks for the information, and I continue to feel like $70m is really on the low end.Just random fandango doesn't paint it as underperforming outside of metropolitan areas. And 1am showings are sold out in New York. :excited:

I sound like a broken record, as of now opening weekend record will not happen but it should outgross and yes even sell more tickets then DH2 in the final domestic run.Who would have thought 3 films this year would do that?"So, is this looking like it'll take the Saturday record?"I think its almost certain.IM2 Saturday was 45.7 million, it was actually that much + 3d is around 52 million.

Edited by Lordmandeep

I sound like a broken record, as of now opening weekend record will not happen but it should outgross and yes even sell more tickets then DH2 in the final domestic run.

Who would have thought 3 films this year would do that?

Not sure we can definitively say that yet.

I sound like a broken record, as of now opening weekend record will not happen but it should outgross and yes even sell more tickets then DH2 in the final domestic run.Who would have thought 3 films this year would do that?

Could be 4. THG, TA, TDKR and TH.

How many shows did THG and TA get respectively?

I can't remember the exact amount that THG had, but The Avengers has at least 6-7 more showings. Especially seeing as how we usually close at 10:30ish, but Friday and Saturday we are staying open until midnight. That adds 1 extra show of both 2D and 3D.Friday and Saturday:7 2D11 3DSunday-Thursday6 2D10 3D

Oh yeah, TH ^^^TDKR was expected to do it.Starting this year 350 million for TA looked good but totals seems to be around 400 or so million.TH is a wildcard should cross 300 million or go to 500 million.THG is a shocker...It beat DH2 minus 3D.

I honestly think there's a bunch of lowballing going on in Hollywood right now. Reminds me so much of other huge openers in recent years.

Could it be Paramount and Disney(or whoever is actually in charge) being sneaky with the numbers? Holding some back until tomorrow maybe?

Could it be Paramount and Disney(or whoever is actually in charge) being sneaky with the numbers? Holding some back until tomorrow maybe?

Do you mean as in being conservative? Or fudging?The first, yes possibly. I can't see any reason they'd want to fudge the numbers though. They always want to get big numbers out as early as possible, helps with the marketing Edited by spizzer

I can't remember the exact amount that THG had, but The Avengers has at least 6-7 more showings. Especially seeing as how we usually close at 10:30ish, but Friday and Saturday we are staying open until midnight. That adds 1 extra show of both 2D and 3D.Friday and Saturday:7 2D11 3DSunday-Thursday6 2D10 3D

That may be a factor why your numbers come off so skewed. Say Avengers has 18 shows and THG had 12 shows. So THG got better occupancy percentage.But nation-wide Avengers didn't get 1.5x shows of THG. It would be quite close, maybe a little bit more.It is a case of demand/supply here.