Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Reading through this thread has been fun. Love seeing that Friday estimate go up up up!! :)Any way, time for me to go to bed. I look forward to seeing the official estimate tomorrow as well as seeing TA. CAN'T WAIT!!

I predicted $174M OW, I hope this number keeps going up. The movie was amazing, and its gonna get repeat business like crazy. I'm going to see it next week, something I've never done with ANY film. It really warrants repeat viewings.

• Like 1

If the odds are in THG's favor, then probably yes. Amazing since 2011 didn't even have 1.

It would be insane having 4 400m films in one year.Another thing to addif the box office played like1. Avengers 490m2. The Hobbit 470m3. The Dark Knight Rises 455mThe Dark Knight Rises could be number 3 of the year but win the year in terms of tickets sold. I am worried if this happens all blockbuster will be forced to be 3D.

Friday without midnights record is about certain, and Saturday record is locked. Sunday record won't happen unless Friday magically jumps up to 80M, though the 2nd biggest Sunday gross is in play.Friday-Sunday weekend (minus midnights) is also going down (held by SM3).Attendance is still hard to determine without 3D shares, but it will likely fall short of the top 5

• Like 1

Good WOM or not i still think this is going to be more front loaded than the Marvel norm and it will sell less tickets DOM than TDKR or THG with there being a realistic chance of it selling less than TH.

I go away for a few hours and now Nikki is saying ""as high as 74m"??? That's a far cry from 65m. Sometimes I wonder if she's more trouble than she's worth. Also, I love how her first day has increased 10-15% but her total has remained "160m+ and 2nd biggest of all time" when all that would be needed to increase from 160 to 170 is 6%.

• Like 1

Nikki should have early numbers for The Hobbit in the next few hours. Stay tuned.

Sources tell me that The Hobbit is on pace for only 60 million (with a range between 55-80 million) and the weekend at 155 million(with a range between 150-200 million). No record.

• Like 5