CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

Dark Shadows opened by making a so-so $550K during midnight screenings from 1,600 locations overnight. But it didn’t draw blood from 3,755 theaters later, either. instead it was creeping out of the gate with only about $9.6M Friday for at best a $28M weekend. unless Saturday picks up.

I think Battleship's biggest problem is the fact that it's called Battleship, which for a hardcore sci-fi action movie like that is a pathetic name. The fact that there is so much action in it that it's confusing doesn't help. So I can easily see TA winning next weekend too.MIB3 will probably the movie to knock TA to #2. I could see MIB3 pulling in 75-80M, but TA will probably still pull at least half that.

The action in BATTLESHIP was confusing?

oxoffice ‏ @BoxofficeOfficial Friday domestic estimate: $9.720 million for 'Dark Shadows' from 3,755 locations. Location avg. = $2,589.Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite

oxoffice ‏ @Boxoffice

Official Friday domestic estimate: $9.720 million for 'Dark Shadows' from 3,755 locations. Location avg. = $2,589.

Collapse

Reply Retweet Favorite

Was this to describe DS? Posted Image

oxoffice ‏ @BoxofficeOfficial Friday domestic estimate: $9.720 million for 'Dark Shadows' from 3,755 locations. Location avg. = $2,589.CollapseReply Retweet Favorite

Putrid number. I see it doing about 27-28M and where is the number we all want BOG.