CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

Avatar is a really overrated and bad movie. I almost fell asleep when I tried to rewatch it on dvd. So cliched and boring.

you don't have to like it but its not a bad movie, G I Joe, Transformers 2 etc are bad movies, AVATAR is a great oscar winning movie, bad films don't get 10x legs and its as simple as that. I will admit that the first half is very slow with the romance and training etc but if you connect with the Naavi land their way of life ike i did then those slow parts are arguably better than the final battle, again imo of course. :)

TA is up many fold from Friday Day time business and should actually at worst stay on par with Friday night business and looks to easily be stronger...Saturday night AVX shows are already 75% full already.In my area last week TA Saturday night business was stronger then Friday night business.

Edited by Lordmandeep

Do you think it couldn't manage a better Sunday drop, considering Mother's Day?

Its the perfect family flick so Sunday drop won't be steep. Last weekend showed that, It had a strong drop on Saturday and even better Sunday hold. Edited by druv10

AVATAR is a beautiful movie in everyway, connect with it and its amazing escapism, dont connect with it and all you will se is Ferngully inhabited by blue people. I think you need a good soul to connect with it, case in point the first time i saw it, i went with 'Dave' from my work who didn't like Sci-Fi films but was a really good guy, he thought the film was the best he had ever seen when we came out, he wouldn't stop playing the score at work on the computers! (we were allowed to listen to music over earphones). Now the second time i went to see it, i went with 'Chris' who was a bit of an idiot and trouble causer at work but i wanted to see it again so i went with him, well an hour into it he was like "enough with this 'Indian' shit, i just want to get to parts where they get shot to pieces", that said it all really.

avatar is well made in a techincal srnse but it is god awful story wise and the acting stunk. Definitely doesn't deserve to be the top grossing movie of all time but it is what it is and a lot of people liked it.

A lot of bad movies do well at the box office.Titanic should still be the highest grossing movie. Titanic has something for everyone in it.
  • Like 1

lol you guys are funny...

As i was saying...

Saturday Night business appears will be much higher then last night....

That happened last week... So expect a big jump guys...

Edited by Lordmandeep

AVATAR is a beautiful movie in everyway, connect with it and its amazing escapism, dont connect with it and all you will se is Ferngully inhabited by blue people. I think you need a good soul to connect with it, case in point the first time i saw it, i went with 'Dave' from my work who didn't like Sci-Fi films but was a really good guy, he thought the film was the best he had ever seen when we came out, he wouldn't stop playing the score at work on the computers! (we were allowed to listen to music over earphones). Now the second time i went to see it, i went with 'Chris' who was a bit of an idiot and trouble causer at work but i wanted to see it again so i went with him, well an hour into it he was like "enough with this 'Indian' shit, i just want to get to parts where they get shot to pieces", that said it all really.

Probably the most ridiculous defense I've ever heard for a film.
  • Like 6