CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

Much higher. It will have $570m by mid-June and that's conservative. By then the weekends will be in the $5-8m range. Start thinking $600m.

And you're being very conservative. It'll be close or surpassing $500M before next monday, who knows how much it'll make until Memorial Weekend. I can see THE AVENGERS making at least more $120M this week. I think it'll get very close to $700M before July. This movie is a fucking box office monster. :lol:

I'd like this post if I could. My sentiments exactly. There's a real shot of THE AVENGERS sinking the TITANIC (even with the 3D re-release), but a real uphill battle against AVATAR. But who knows? Let's hope so, if there's a movie deserving of becoming the highest grossing movie ever, it's this one. :D

Max of 620, Real competition will begin with 2 movies back to back Dictator and Battleship, sure they might suck but they are the ones who get a big jump followed by a big fall. by the time the fall occurs, MIB III will open on May 25th. And then if you thought MIB III will fall, Snowwhite will come on out 1st June followed by a huge weekend. for non-family we have Prometheus and for family we have the ever popular madagascar 3. The final killer will be a month from now, Rock of Ages, the movie might suck but Tom Cruise appeal to the same crowd as Tropic Thunder. Also this is the BEGINNING of summer season not winter season where we get oscar stuff and not blockbusters unless its James Cameron or Peter Jackson Edited by Hasan Ahmad

It will get better than that for the next two weekends at least. 400m is happening IMO.

It's got the best hold for two weekends in a row now; it's weathering the Avengers better than any other film. And it still has a healthy PTA, so hopefully it's got another light TC drop coming up. As long as there are other films that it can outrun as it tries to escape the TC bear... :D

Max of 620, Real competition will begin with 2 movies back to back Dictator and Battleship, sure they might suck but they are the ones who get a big jump followed by a big fall. by the time the fall occurs, MIB III will open on May 25th. And then if you thought MIB III will fall, Snowwhite will come on out 1st June followed by a huge weekend. for non-family we have Prometheus and for family we have the ever popular madagascar 3. The final killer will be a month from now, Rock of Ages, the movie might suck but Tom Cruise appeal to the same crowd as Tropic Thunder

Have you seen Battleship's Tracking? And Dictator only appeals to a small portion of TA's audience, impact on TA won't be significant. I still think this can make it to 600M even with conservative estimates, and can top Titanic if it continues to get really strong legs.And by the time Snowwhite comes, TA Should've hit 550M+, and that won't be a big problem. Edited by riczhang

Have you seen Battleship's Tracking? And Dictator only appeals to a small portion of TA's audience, impact on TA won't be significant. I still think this can make it to 600M even with conservative estimates, and can top Titanic if it continues to get really strong legs.And by the time Snowwhite comes, TA Should've hit 550M+, and that won't be a big problem.

Titanic's strong legs were due in part of sparce appeal after Titanic release, Same for Avatar. Battleship is tracking at 50. Which is about the same as Avengers might get for the 3rd weekend on average. Edited by Hasan Ahmad

Max of 620, Real competition will begin with 2 movies back to back Dictator and Battleship, sure they might suck but they are the ones who get a big jump followed by a big fall. by the time the fall occurs, MIB III will open on May 25th. And then if you thought MIB III will fall, Snowwhite will come on out 1st June followed by a huge weekend. for non-family we have Prometheus and for family we have the ever popular madagascar 3. The final killer will be a month from now, Rock of Ages, the movie might suck but Tom Cruise appeal to the same crowd as Tropic Thunder

Dude, you don't understand. THE AVENGERS won't be going anywhere. This will still be playing in theaters everywhere with ASM and TDKR when the time comes, just take a look to THG run and extrapolate it. There's no final blow, TA will be raking in cash all the North summer / South winter long. This will make $60m being conservative next weekend, there's no blow coming from Battleship or The Dictator, the first real challenge will be MIB, that's when they'll possibly lose the first spot, but it'll keep going steady, until maybe Prometheus. Project this taking in consideration that TA is a phenomenon and leave your bias behind. My bias works because well, the fucking World loves this. :P

Titanic's strong legs were due in part of sparce appeal after Titanic release, Same for Avatar. Battleship is tracking at 50. Which is about the same as Avengers might get for the 3rd weekend on average.

RS is tracking Battleship at 50M. MTC is tracking it at 27M, it'll get to 35M max, max, max. I would not be surprised with a 25M or less based on the tracking. Avengers is looking at 50+M 3rd weekend most likely.

How much of an impact will MIB3 have on TA?

I'm not sure, I'm not feeling the buzz, but it seems to be a more of a nostalgia movie by the looks of it, and I'm not nearly old enough to be in the target demo when the previous 2 movies came out.

Dude, you don't understand. THE AVENGERS won't be going anywhere. This will still be playing in theaters everywhere with ASM and TDKR when the time comes, just take a look to THG run and extrapolate it. There's no final blow, TA will be raking in cash all the North summer / South winter long.This will make $60m being conservative next weekend, there's no blow coming from Battleship or The Dictator, the first real challenge will be MIB, that's when they'll possibly lose the first spot, but it'll keep going steady, until maybe Prometheus. Project this taking in consideration that TA is a phenomenon and leave your bias behind. My bias works because well, the fucking World loves this. :P

I estimated a scenario of it falling like Spiderman 1, then IM 1 , then TDK. All of which fall between 610-630 Million, still not enough to reach Titanic let alone 700

Dude, you don't understand. THE AVENGERS won't be going anywhere. This will still be playing in theaters everywhere with ASM and TDKR when the time comes, just take a look to THG run and extrapolate it. There's no final blow, TA will be raking in cash all the North summer / South winter long.

This will make $60m being conservative next weekend, there's no blow coming from Battleship or The Dictator, the first real challenge will be MIB, that's when they'll possibly lose the first spot, but it'll keep going steady, until maybe Prometheus. Project this taking in consideration that TA is a phenomenon and leave your bias behind. My bias works because well, the fucking World loves this. :P

It really won't unless it has some of the best legs in history!.

Anyone thinking that THE AVENGERS won't be making money even after TASM and TDKR releases are fooling themselves.

The ceiling is gone, mates. The Earth's Mightiest Movie is here to stay. B)

The Ceiling is Avatar. it will never reach 700. not with summer season kicking in. This is NOT winter.

I estimated a scenario of it falling like Spiderman 1, then IM 1 , then TDK. All of which fall between 610-630 Million, still not enough to reach Titanic let alone 700

You'll see your estimations falling to the ground, this isn't even about estimations anymore, forget numbers and look what TA became. It's a pop culture phenomenon. People will keep going to watch this in theaters until September, maybe even later than that. Instead of "killing" TA, TASM and TDKR can give this movie a boost when they are released. This is how insane this got. :lol:

How in the hell is that gonna happen?

he thinks its gonna make 130 Million from Monday to Sunday - That means 70 Million Weekend and 60 Million Weekdays which would be a 5% weekday drop and 29 % weekend drop. Not. Happening