Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

As of May 29th

Frozen total admissions reached 16,013,713, total gross 20.377 billion yen.

It has beaten HP1 and became #3 all time grosser in Japan.(First run only I assume)

Final target locked: Titanic

READY. SET. GO!

As of May 29thFrozen total admissions reached 16,013,713, total gross 20.377 billion yen.It has beaten HP1 and became #3 all time grosser in Japan.(First run only I assume)

I had 20.36. Finally got within 100k weekday tic must 16 dollars or others v hains upped their seats.3500 short w 1 he to go

Well if that's true, it means the DVD release may have no impact on the box office. Avatar only crashed when Alice arrived.

Conveniently enough, Frozen is released on DVD when the new Ghibli film is out.
  • Like 1

As of May 29th

Frozen total admissions reached 16,013,713, total gross 20.377 billion yen.

It has beaten HP1 and became #3 all time grosser in Japan.(First run only I assume)

*Weekdays [ Mon-Friday ]

wk-6.....616m yen
wk-7.....610m yen
wk-10....644m yen
wk-11....614m yen
This Wk..620m-630m yen ( mon-thu actual... 533m yen ($5.2m) + 90-95m yen [Friday *est] )

*Current Total Estimate - 20.47b yen ($201m current exchange rate)

*Based on BOM - $194.12m + 6.1m = $200.2m (*est)

*Note: X-men DOFP OD - $0.75m-0.85m (estimate)
  • Like 2

I'm out for the whole day, and apparently Kal took over and ruined this thread lol.

Left the forum for a couple of hours and came back seeing all of this hostility.

Why is that guy talking about a movie that was released 5 years ago and it's sequel that will come in 3 or 4 years ? Nobody here even mentioned it recently.

He's... weird that way. He's a fan of Avatar and always predicts crazy numbers for the movies he loves. Most of them turned out to be wrong of course, but he got lucky with Avatar. He was probably the only person in the world who said Avatar would get more than $600m, and he got it right. If he comes back, just try to ignore him. :lol:

• Like 2

I'm out for the whole day, and apparently Kal took over and ruined this thread lol.

He's... weird that way. He's a fan of Avatar and always predicts crazy numbers for the movies he loves. Most of them turned out to be wrong of course, but he got lucky with Avatar. He was probably the only person in the world who said Avatar would get more than $600m, and he got it right. If he comes back, just try to ignore him. :lol:

But it's amazing that his post resulted in a mass debate that filled more than 2 pages on the forum in just a few hours.

But it's amazing that his post resulted in a mass debate that filled more than 2 pages on the forum in just a few hours.

Not really a serious debate. His reasoning was ridiculous to the point that it was annoying.

It was a bad day to mess with frozen fans  ;)

Who has access to varietyinsight.com ? Maybe someone can search for "Dave Hollis," Disney distribution exec's mentioned in this article. Seems that the website might have his contact information. Or someone might have other way to find his contact information?I messaged the consumer board of thewaltdisneycompany site, but I don't know how effective that may be. If some articulate one can email him personally (without a colorful language of "blowing" ;) ), maybe a few exec minds can be changed.

Well written. 18 more emails people. Giddy up!http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/contact-us/corporate-communications*1 *15170 アナと雪の女王*2 *10031 X-MEN:フューチャー&パ…19:41800 in the last 20m. 20pm shows need to do well. Looking like minus 5-10% unless it picks up

I wrote to them as well. Hopefully they change their mind.

;

Who has access to varietyinsight.com ? Maybe someone can search for "Dave Hollis," Disney distribution exec's mentioned in this article. Seems that the website might have his contact information. Or someone might have other way to find his contact information?I messaged the consumer board of thewaltdisneycompany site, but I don't know how effective that may be. If some articulate one can email him personally (without a colorful language of "blowing" ;) maybe a few exec minds can be changed.

Hey thats a low blow, pun intended. Subers is an idiot, I cant help my self. I wrote a proper email to disney though it would be good if someone more eloquent than I wrote the distro guy. I suck at writing. Im a number cruncher.

*Weekdays [ Mon-Friday ]

wk-6.....616m yen

wk-7.....610m yen

wk-10....644m yen

wk-11....614m yen

This Wk..620m-630m yen ( mon-thu actual... 533m yen ($5.2m) + 90-95m yen [Friday *est] )

somebody needs to show and explain these numbers to disney. They have to have a rainman number cruncher that would have a light bulb moment.

The presales at a glance look like a weekend bump. Another weekend over 13m. There isnt another movie that has held like this in history when comparing the proper proportionality of opening weekend, weekly decline, population etc...

The presales at a glance look like a weekend bump. Another weekend over 13m. There isnt another movie that has held like this in history when comparing the proper proportionality of opening weekend, weekly decline, population etc...

So is there a reason Frozen seems to refuse to drop weekly? Is it same people just seeing it over and over again every week? :blink:

Edited by Mojoguy

So is there a reason Frozen seems to refuse to drop weekly? Is it same people just seeing it over and over again every week? :blink:

they dont have large opening weekends and their annual admissions are lower per capita than other countries.this a constant wave of WOM spreading to non movie goers who are spreading to others and they dont have the capacity to burn off 50m+ for one movie like they do in the US. It spreads out in a steady flow. Im sure repeat viewings play a part as well.