Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

28 minutes ago, todos said:

Which version are you looking up? The subtitled version looks fine for now (not robust like other days this week).
The dubbed version has few tickets trickling in slowly but the afternoon show has the main section almost at full capacity. 

The 13:30 subtitled show at Toho Shinjuku has only sold 12 seats in a 407 seat theater. That's not "fine for now". It's four hours from now but it's sold almost nothing. This means that people are largely not going to the movies in Tokyo this Friday.

5 hours ago, cannastop said:

The 13:30 subtitled show at Toho Shinjuku has only sold 12 seats in a 407 seat theater. That's not "fine for now". It's four hours from now but it's sold almost nothing. This means that people are largely not going to the movies in Tokyo this Friday.

I wasn’t disagreeing that everything is down. It’s not zero though.

Seeing the estimates - Finishing with what Despicable Me 4 did on Obon Tuesday is a marvel to pull off in a Typhoon.  

Edited by todos

Quick glance at upcoming releases, the next and newest competition for IO2 is Alien Romulus which opens September 6 or 3 weeks away. 

Alien Romulus doing great in several markets including China & S. Korea —-butJapan does its own thing often. 

6 minutes ago, Quigley said:

Isn't 30m virtually guaranteed at this point?

3 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

we'll see the post-obon holds, but...I would say it would be preeeetty surprising if it missed from here

That's about 4.4 billion yen, and it's at 3.1 billion Yen now (I think). If legs are anything like Elemental's, it will comfortably get there. Dunno about 5.0 billion yen, that's more of a stretch goal.

• Like 1