Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

Saturday-Sunday is around 420-440 million ($5.4 million avg.), and with Friday included about 540/550 million ($6.9 million avg.).If Rth is right and the film was at 885 million ($11.2 million) after Friday, then the 6-day total would be 1.4 billion ($17.5 million) making the math work out correctly. $18 million was reported by Variety, though it also says previews were included in that figure, so I assume there were a few showings on Monday, too.The exchange rate has shifted a lot this past week, so the USD totals are probably not going to match up.

Damn the exchange rate. Hopefully, it stays over 16M for the 6 day.

Yeah, exchange rates is another reason I compare films and performances based on yen. That never changes no matter the exchange rate and ticket prices remain the same very year, so no inflation to take into account either. Anyway, it'll safely stay above $16 million and probably over $17 million for the 6-day (plus any previews).

• Like 2

Yeah, exchange rates is another reason I compare films and performances based on yen. That never changes no matter the exchange rate and ticket prices remain the same very year, so no inflation to take into account either. Anyway, it'll safely stay above $16 million and probably over $17 million for the 6-day (plus any previews).

Yeah, SM3 would be in the 80M+ with the today's exchange rate. Thanks, 17M+ would be awesome for TA. Next goal finishing over TASM, which should be close. Edited by druv10

40M with average multiplier.

i wonder, why avengers, being one of the most succesful blockbusters, is not considerded among box office followers to gross more like 100M in japan? why 35-40M range? there is no typical multiplier for a hit like this, isnt it? we can expect 40M, but we can also expect 100M, or not?

i wonder, why avengers, being one of the most succesful blockbusters, is not considerded among box office followers to gross more like 100M in japan? why 35-40M range? there is no typical multiplier for a hit like this, isnt it? we can expect 40M, but we can also expect 100M, or not?

it has not been a megablockbuster everywherethere are reasons to asume that to hold true in Japan alsoif it breaks out, we will see hat

Superhero movies just don't do well in Japan. Only the first three Spiderman movies did well and that was only because he is huge in Japan.

it has not been a megablockbuster everywherethere are reasons to asume that to hold true in Japan alsoif it breaks out, we will see hat

superhero movies - apart from US - are not very popular. in spite of this fact, avengers were very popular in many countries. i think this is unique film and not all tradition models of box office forecast will work. avengers is an expcetion for many forecast rules. i am very curios how will japan market behave and i have a feeling it might be 100M, we will see. Edited by dezorz

superhero movies - apart from US - are not very popular. in spite of this fact, avengers were very popular in many countries. i think this is unique film and not all tradition models of box office forecast will work. avengers is an expcetion for many forecast rules. i am very curios how will japan market behave and i have a feeling it might be 100M, we will see.

It's incredibly unlikely. In fact I'd say it's impossible.

superhero movies - apart from US - are not very popular. in spite of this fact, avengers were very popular in many countries. i think this is unique film and not all tradition models of box office forecast will work. avengers is an expcetion for many forecast rules. i am very curios how will japan market behave and i have a feeling it might be 100M, we will see.

It opened so well because it opened on a Holiday Week. It's kinda like having Christmas 4 or 5 days in a row, there's no equivalent of this week in the US.It would need a 6-day multiplier of 6 (the avg. multiplier of a film opening on the weekend itself) to reach $100 million, and that is definitely not going to happen. WOM appears solid enough, but not out of this world and Holidays and Summer Vacation are at and end. Generally, films that have opened on Tuesday or Wednesday during Golden Week or Obon Week have achieved a 2.5 6-day multiplier, so 3 would be the maximum for about 4 billion yen ($50 million).
  • Like 1