Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

Good. Its maintained the same percentage over IO. No sign of slippage that a frontloaded movie would have like AOU. 1.1m Mon, 1m Tues and maybe 1.6-1.8m today. Should be close to 6m for mon-fri, $12m total.

looked at last years numbers again

Weekend before Obon has a swell in attendance every year. Its likely to hold better than -25%, 3.3m+, based on its weekday holds and lack of competition. $15m+

next midweek's numbers double this coming weekend and holds -5-20% the following weekend. Its still in good shape to land at $25m +/- 2m on the 16th with a $3m weekend at that time

Thanks for the update, so it seems headed to a best case of 35+ m end of run/worst case scenario of 30 million in Japan so far I think based on this performance.

Edited by MinaTakla
  • Like 1

JW Wed OD is about 40% behind Minions Sunday at five-chain-tracking.

Should end up 150-200M yen OD.

with minions skewing younger, sunday before 1400 had huge numbers and very little after 7pm.

JW should almost double its 1400 number today with a decent evening

I see 5 chains coming in at 85,000, 10% less than minions sunday

85,000 x 2.32 x 1350y = 255m yen

minions had a 200m yen Friday OD

could have a $5m weekend and be well over $20m on the 16th. Not huge but decent

revising downward from earlier on both

JW $2m

Minions $1.5m

• Like 2

JW has 33% 3d. Ticket average may be close to 1400 even w ladies discount. I assume that percentage will increase to 50% tomorrow w/o ladies discount.

Minions pacing 60k/170m/$1.4m+ and JW 85k/270m/2.2m+

IO holding well down 28% from last wed

Titans sliding below IO today

AOU and T5 are toast down 63 and 60%. T-Rex eating them up.  :pokemon:  With more competition and screen loss this weekend they are unlikely to get an Obon bump

Edited by M F Lawrence
  • Like 3

we have a breakout, coming in over 100k for 5 chains, close to matching minions Saturday admissions which was a discount for everyone at 1100 yen and of course was a Saturday not a wed. I assume its playing to a lot more demos sans the kiddies, evening very strong.  With males, older crowd, and 3d, the tix will be 20-30% higher than minions even with the lady discount.

310-340m/ $2.5m-2,7m depending on ave tix price.

That was my original gut number this morning until Kylin scared me lower :P . Go with your gut people, its often the right answer I've heard and found to be true. Unless of course you're drunk at a company party and about to sleep with an unattractive woman that happens to be your bosses daughter in the bathroom. Of course I, I mean you, would not be going with your gut there or thinking with your head or at least the right one. Well anyway, think twice on that one and don't screw the pooch! :D

Minions 65k, 180m, $1.4-1.5m, lower than I thought. IO performed relatively stronger

• Like 2

we have a breakout, coming in over 100k for 5 chains, close to matching minions Saturday admissions which was a discount for everyone at 1100 yen and of course was a Saturday not a wed. I assume its playing to a lot more demos sans the kiddies, evening very strong.  With males, older crowd, and 3d, the tix will be 20-30% higher than minions even with the lady discount.

310-340m/ $2.5m-2,7m depending on ave tix price.

You talking about JW?

Still see quite a few people jumped into a conclusion that it won't break out, it won't do more than $60m, it will be lucky to pass $40m, $20m is a safe bet. Why? Why you have to be that confident?

It's too early, TBH.

And I always think the probability JW not breaking out is lower than it breaking out. I can't say it will break out but it was more likely than it won't.

Until now I still can't be sure if it will break out. I only hope it can reach $100m.

Edited by Jack
  • Like 1

Still see quite a few people jumped into a conclusion that it won't break out, it won't do more than $60m, it will be lucky to pass $40m, $20m is a safe bet. Why? Why you have to be that confident?

It's too early, TBH.

And I always think the probability JW not breaking out is lower than it breaking out. I can't say it will break out but it was more likely than it won't.

Until now I still can't be sure if it will break out. I only hope it can reach $100m.

its got a good start. japan is a leggy market. Cant tell  how big JW could be until we see how it holds after couple of weekends. It definitely has 30m at this point, based on OD. 40s likely. anything beyond that takes time to see the WOM in the numbers.

Its easy to say that it wont breakout huge because most don't.

• Like 1