Heretic

Wednesday numbers: Guru Dictator: 4.1 Avengers: 6.3

This is supposed to run on a 65 million US$ budget. Seriously folks? I don't doubt they'll get it back but 65 million?! What's the matter with those budgets nowadays? Has international crime discovered Hollywood as a means to whitewash their drug billions?!

65mil is actually pretty low for a movie these days, thats the crazy thing. When you are getting romantic comedys with 80+mil budgets pretty regulary then you know there is a problem!.

Bruno was very funny i thought, the problem with it was the gay theme and the ending of the film shows that very effectively so its not suprising to me thats its gross was lower than Borat.

The gay theme didn't bother me that much, but his comedy was just not funny. He has this same aproach with Bruno and The Dictator that is he is dumb and clumpsy idiot and I think once with Borat was enough.

This is supposed to run on a 65 million US$ budget. Seriously folks? I don't doubt they'll get it back but 65 million?! What's the matter with those budgets nowadays? Has international crime discovered Hollywood as a means to whitewash their drug billions?!

A comedy with a 65M budget is ludicrous.

The gay theme didn't bother me that much, but his comedy was just not funny. He has this same aproach with Bruno and The Dictator that is he is dumb and clumpsy idiot and I think once with Borat was enough.

The gay theme didn't bother me either but with the masses, thats a different story.

Cohen's sense of humor is always subjective, but if now The Dictator is supposed to be more broad a C cinemascore is a little disappointing. Decent for TA btw, looks like it'll hit 400m today.

Took forever to put Tuesday's numbers up yesterday, but Jesus, already Wednesday numbers posted???? This early???? Sometimes I have to wonder if people just get to antsy and have to have numbers up like RIGHT AWAY or else???

In other words, you are pretty upset at The Avengers number. :)
  • Like 3

I could give a shit what this movies day to day number are and at this point, if anyone and I mean ANYONE is disappointed with any number this movie has achieved, then you need to log off and walk away from box office predicting before it causes you to grow cynical.. I mean, a movie that makes 6M on a day where everyone works and not all schools are out??? Great number.. It oughta be interesting to see how all of you track TDKR on it's day to day basis when it comes out in 2 months.. You'll all be going through a nervous breakdown over it..

How could you not give a shit what it does day to day, when you are the one and only one heavily interested in this movie beating TDKR, cuz that's what determines a movie's success.

That includes marketing. A 30 mill marketing budget isn't out of this world.

It does say 6m+ though...and Rth said $6-7m.

RTH doesn't know anymore. He's not paying attention to what its doing during the week. A monkey could have told you the number was between 6 and 7.