grey ghost

What are the box office prospects of a Black Panther (Marvel) movie?

Blade 2 made around 155 m worldwide.But it was rated R. and the budget was lower than a Black Panther movie would need.So how possible is it to make a movie with a black star that makes twice as much as Blade 2?

I'd FUCKING love it.Let's hope that MIB is a flop and Will doesn't have another choice but kneel to the Marvel Films. :lol:

Will Smith is too much of a goofy-looking clown to play a badass like the Black Panther.You need Idris Elba or someone similar.

I think until simple factors such as cast and director are made we can't say.

Since Marvel Studios burst onto to the stage by and large they have altered/re-written what are expectations normally would be for films of this caliber. So using the "black man as lead" in the ballpark of $150m seems not entirely at play. 

Does he appear in TA2? Do GA embrace him and follow him, does that Avengers Effect follow him like it did IM3 and TDW seems destined to? 

Elba would be in his mid 40's by the time they could get a BP movie out, but yeah he'd be great. RDJ wasn't a spring chicken either I suppose. An older dude might be better as BP anyway, he is a king after all.

Anyway, I'd get him in Avengers 2 and make him awesome. He could have a Hulk-like breakout.

Blade 2 made around 155 m worldwide.But it was rated R.and the budget was lower than a Black Panther movie would need.So how possible is it to make a movie with a black star that makes twice as much as Blade 2?

A Black Panther movie would require a far larger budget than Blade 2 especially if they set the whole movie in Wakanda which I cant see them doing, though it would be featured in the movie at times like how Asgard was in Thor and would cost a lot. This would definitely be Marvel/Disney's most risky Marvel film after Guardians Of The Galaxy, however unlike the Guardians of the Galaxy this isn't a character that can set up other and future franchises or one that even requires sequels and only really needs one movie and unlike Ant-Man cant be done with a smaller budget and a small scale story. Then there's also potential ramifications from the media and people if the character is handled wrongly. There's just too much risk. They're better off introducing the character in a Captain America movie and Avengers films from then on, like Hulk the character is better as part of an essemble this also makes sense from a plot point of view.

Depending on how the film was made if one was, I would say it would make Captain America style numbers.

It's Marvel every film aside from the Incredible Hulk has been a financial success. even that was better received then "Hulk" and it was only their second film out the gate. they are much more established now. I think as long as they maintain a good standing with the GA. all they're films should be successful.  

Edited by Kalo21