druv10

Wednesday number TA: 4.0 -19% (BO.com)

IM2 had a +9% Th and a +141% Fri. Thor had -12% Th and a +161% Fri.What's TA going to do today and tomorrow?

Its not dropping 12% and I doubt it increases 9% more less it should be close to flat from Wednesday.

The daily is now running about 10% better than what I had; $50m 4-day looks very possible now. And if it holds even better, and MIB3 disappoints more, Avengers could remain No. 1 again.

How is this even possible? MIB3 would have to tank pretty hard, John Carter level hard, imo.

Do you think that will happen?

Edited by ECSTASY

The daily is now running about 10% better than what I had; $50m 4-day looks very possible now. And if it holds even better, and MIB3 disappoints more, Avengers could remain No. 1 again.

50M would be awesome and it would lock 600M.

How is this even possible? MIB3 would have to tank pretty hard, John Carter level hard, imo.Do you think that will happen?

I think he means if TA holds better more like 52-55M for 4-day than MIB3 comes in slightly less. Sure thats disappointment but not a flop or a bomb in the case of JC.

I'm glad you said this. I said I would like to see a 50 million 4day and of course I was told it was not possible. My range is 46-50 million for the 4day.

How is this even possible? MIB3 would have to tank pretty hard, John Carter level hard, imo.Do you think that will happen?

I don't. I think MIB 3 is going to open pretty big. Reviews so far are a big improvement over the 2nd and it's Will Smith's first movie in nearly 4 years. I think it can hit 75-80m for the 4 day. Edited by blackspider

Sorry XIA, there's no way in the world MIB3 makes less than 50 mill for the 4 day.

Sorry XIA, there's no way in the world MIB3 makes less than 50 mill for the 4 day.

MIB3 doesn't have to make less than 50m for that to happen. If Avengers follows Spider-Man's daily from Wed on, it would be looking at $57.8m 4-day. Again, not to say it's going to happen, or even it's likely to happen, but it's not impossible. We have seen stranger things in box office.