Impact

Behind the Camera

7 minutes ago, Blankments said:

That said, I've been toying with adapting Lucid into a TV pilot or writing a full script for Shiverin' Gulch so who knows

Both of those I could totally see happening.

IDK, I'm not really into writing actual scripts right now but I've got one movie coming out in Year 10 that seems pretty great.

Edited by Alpha

@cookie I'm finally making progress writing Star Wars, which means you'll be getting a pre-read of the first act in the near future.

And I promise you'll also get a pre-read of the whole thing too, about 24 hours in advance of my posting it in the Year 10 thread.

• Like 1

Looking for casting suggestions for a role in my Star Wars film.

Character is a male space pirate, early to mid 30s. Not the main antagonist, but the main "physical" antagonist. A bit charismatic, but also a bit of a dick.

Right now I have Ed Skrein as a placeholder but looking for other possibilities.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Looking for casting suggestions for a role in my Star Wars film.

Character is a male space pirate, early to mid 30s. Not the main antagonist, but the main "physical" antagonist. A bit charismatic, but also a bit of a dick.

Right now I have Ed Skrein as a placeholder but looking for other possibilities.

I'll throw out these names:

- Tom Hiddleston

- Dan Stevens

- Toby 'Box Office Curse' Kebbell

- Sam Claflin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

I'll throw out these names:

- Tom Hiddleston

- Dan Stevens

- Toby 'Box Office Curse' Kebbell

- Sam Claflin

Hiddleston is too big a name for the role. He'd have to get top billing. :lol:

Dan Stevens seems the best of the other 3, will keep in mind. Thanks.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ChD said:

I haven't been around in quite a while but I'd love to join back. I see there is an attempt to revive it. Who's going to participate this time?

I think right now it's me, Numbers, Spaghetti, Ethan, Cook and Hiccup.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChD said:

I haven't been around in quite a while but I'd love to join back. I see there is an attempt to revive it. Who's going to participate this time?

And I think going forward we'll probably have a more slow and relaxed feel to getting things done, with members maybe doing side stuff along the way to keep general interest and drive going.

13 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

What has been the most controversial films on here? Just curious

Kansas for sure. I doubt anything else could come close, the only other possibility is The Academy

The Academy is probably the most divisive film of the game to date, but it's not nearly as controversial.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Kansas for sure. I doubt anything else could come close, the only other possibility is The Academy

The Academy is probably the most divisive film of the game to date, but it's not nearly as controversial.

Oh yeah the Academy...reviews were all over the place for that film. Feels like that film came out longer ago. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Oh yeah the Academy...reviews were all over the place for that film. Feels like that film came out longer ago. 

It sort of did....it premiered at the Y7 CAYOM festival but got delayed due to bad reviews. I intended to retool it, but decided I should release the original version.

13 minutes ago, ChD said:

Out of curiosity, do we have a general deadline for Part 1 or is it whenever we think the year's ready to start?

The latter, I believe.

36 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Kansas. /enddiscussion.

Looking back on Year 9 I'm glad Heaven ended up being the safe boring movie it was otherwise it would've been Kansas 2.0 within the same year. No regrets about changing it.

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ChD said:

Out of curiosity, do we have a general deadline for Part 1 or is it whenever we think the year's ready to start?

To echo Alpha, the latter. We're trying to be more casual/relaxed to allow people time they need.

Better to move slow than not at all.