Impact

Behind the Camera

Tabletop Catastrophe is being redone by a new director later in the year. The more I look into it, the less it seemed like Anderson's kind of work. Instead, I'm doing more of an absurdist tale involving the director, mainly centering on Supernatural themes, Noire style, and fantastical situations set during 1950s New York:

Of Mystique and Maladies

The plot follows an anxious detective (Michael Fassbender) thrust into a plot to secretly investigate the life of an affluent Broadway actress (Tilda Swinton) who may have inadvertently have caused several bizarre incidents around the city. The deeper he embarks in this investigation, he discovers a multitude of secrets that could shake the world as we know it. Prepare for one of the most outrageous films Wes Anderson has done to date.

The cast includes Michael Fassbender, Tilda Swinton, Emily Blunt, Gary Oldman, Edward Norton, Bill Murray, Lupita Nyong'o, Meryl Streep, Nicolas Cage, Bill Nighy, Kara Hayward, Jason Schwartzman, Brad Pitt, Hiroyuki Sanada, Jessica Lange, and Karen Gillan.

I'm a sucker for Wes Anderson films, and this looks like a really good idea. :)

So CAYOM is dead now? 

Shame, I really miss the good ole days. This game always felt like a niche for me. I have many fond memories of it. And I regret that it seems dead now, when I may have finally had time to come back for a little while, like a month or two. 

Maybe some day it will re-emerge.

• Like 1

So CAYOM is dead now?

Shame, I really miss the good ole days. This game always felt like a niche for me. I have many fond memories of it. And I regret that it seems dead now, when I may have finally had time to come back for a little while, like a month or two.

Maybe some day it will re-emerge.

I have a few things in the backburner prepared for when people want to start playing again. I can post 'em if you guys want, might encourage some activity here. Edited by C00k13

Tch. I was planning on leaving this as a surprise until after the 4th of July celebrations, but if you guys insist......

Give me a few minutes. #GreatRevival

Edited by Rukaio Alter
  • Like 3

So I was reading Blank's review of/rant about Kansas, and I started to swell up a bit. I know I regret writing the movie, but it actually hurt me inside to know that it could affect someone on that kind of emotional level. Reading things like how it came off as a personal attack against Blank, his family and his friends made me feel terrible, because I knew I was the one who caused emotional distress in a fellow forumer and CAYOM player.

I guess you could consider this an apology, because now I wish the damn thing never crossed my fucking head. It was probably the biggest fuck-up of my time in this game, and one of the main reasons I'll never try and tackle religious topics in a CAYOM film again.

(Fact: After the reviews for Kansas came in, I delayed Heaven several game months because I wanted to tone down the religious elements in it as well. So I guess you could consider that some kind of Gangster Squad esque "movie postponed and reshot because of controversy" for CAYOM.)

• Like 2

So I was reading Blank's review of/rant about Kansas, and I started to swell up a bit. I know I regret writing the movie, but it actually hurt me inside to know that it could affect someone on that kind of emotional level. Reading things like how it came off as a personal attack against Blank, his family and his friends made me feel terrible, because I knew I was the one who caused emotional distress in a fellow forumer and CAYOM player.

I guess you could consider this an apology, because now I wish the damn thing never crossed my fucking head. It was probably the biggest fuck-up of my time in this game, and one of the main reasons I'll never try and tackle religious topics in a CAYOM film again.

(Fact: After the reviews for Kansas came in, I delayed Heaven several game months because I wanted to tone down the religious elements in it as well. So I guess you could consider that some kind of Gangster Squad esque "movie postponed and reshot because of controversy" for CAYOM.)

Hey, I haven't checked this thread since like June, but I just wanted to say this means a lot to me, and I accept your apology :)

Hey guys, I'm just starting out around here, and soon I'll be putting out my (Phoenix Fire Entertainment)'s first movie. Stars Emily Blunt, Britt Robertson, Taron Egerton and John Hurt, it's an almost neo-noir'ish drama thriller about an actress trying to find the whereabouts of this thing called THE HOLLYWOOD TREASURE. What is it, where can she find it, gotta have to wait for the movie to come out. But it is essentially my tryout for the big leagues, and if it all goes right, you can expect bigger scale projects in the future. As for the moment, let's wait and see how this one goes...

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Energized Entertainment Return:

Year 11!

Cartoon WoW movie "Iron Docks" based on the best instance of WoD, Iron Docks! A PG-rated Dreamworks-ish movie with WoW characters.

Photographic Visions - my oscar contender, based on a novel I'm writing.

And maybe a couple more.

"Tustin, We Have a Problem"

This is sort of a sequel but only Impact would remember the original since it was his favorite of my CAYOM movies. It's based off "Penny Press" which was about a boy born in the 20s that starts writing novels in the 30s to help his family through the Great Depression.

It will start as Penny Press. The young boy becomes a journalist and reports during World War II but since he was born in 1925 he doesn't get drafted. He is a Republican that supports Eisenhower and ends up working for the Nixon Campaign in 1960. He convinces Richard Nixon to wear makeup on TV and thus Nixon wins the 1960 election.

Since Nixon is from California, Tustin, CA is the city that gets the contract for the moon landing. In 1968, Robert Kennedy is elected after 8 years of Nixon. The movie ends in 1975 with the moon landing taking place 6 years later than in our world.

• Like 1