Impact

Behind the Camera

I thought Star Wars is out of question, like Batman or Spider-Man?I´ve already asked because of the Spider-Man rights but everybody said "nonono..." I don´t think Star Wars should be used in this game.

Star Wars was available because everyone thought the franchsie was done.Sony had been making TASM since 2010 so it was always alive.

Well, my question is what makes Star Wars different from, say, Indiana Jones and Back to the Future? Both of those have been deemed "classic" and thus undoable. Star Wars (at the least the originals) is a classic trilogy too...

Well, my question is what makes Star Wars different from, say, Indiana Jones and Back to the Future? Both of those have been deemed "classic" and thus undoable. Star Wars (at the least the originals) is a classic trilogy too...

Indiana Jones is a character. Star Wars is a universe.As for Back to the Future, there's no good reason why a fourth film would be made at this point.

Indiana Jones is a character. Star Wars is a universe.As for Back to the Future, there's no good reason why a fourth film would be made at this point.

Also, because Star Wars is a universe, it's not indefinitely tied to any one player. I have 2 different story arcs I want to cover and that's it. After that I have no plans to make any other SW films and the rights can move on.In fact, I am perfectly fine with doing one story arc now, then passing on the rights to different players on the condition that I retain exclusive rights to the second story arc in the universe.SW has thousands of years of chronology to play with. My focus is on about 15-20 years of it between the two story arcs. Edited by 4815162342

Apologies for three posts in a row but here's an idea:We treat Star Wars the same we already treat Star Trek in this game. In CAYOM Star Trek is available to be made into a film series, but you can't make a film about the Kirk era characters. Everything else about that universe though is open for exploration however obviously characters from TNG are very old now so they can't really be the focus of a film anyway anymore.

Edited by 4815162342

Gotcha. I might pick up either those rights some year down the road. Question with Star Trek though: Would doing TNG as a reboot be allowed, ala Abrams' RL reboot?

I think that would be acceptable. If I remember Impact has Star Trek rights so he's the person to talk to.

Just to remind you Alfred, Nolan's Bond movie is coming Christmas Y6. Shouldn't interfere much, but eh. :P Will be both a blockbuster and Oscar-contender ala Dark Knight.

Yeah, I know, that's why mine would be in Y7. Different genre as well, so all good. I'm looking forward to Nolan's Bond, there's a wee bit of pressure on your shoulders, can you feel it? ;)