Totem

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey OS Thread: OVER 1B WW!

Sunday (1/20/13) Update: WB reports that The Hobbit made $13.2 million overseas from more than 7,400 screens in 63 markets, pushing its overseas total to $632.2 million. The fantasy flick's global total is now $919.6 million.

The Mon-Sun weekly gross was 22.9M (50% drop week-to-week). If it continues with such drops, it will finish with 655M from current markets.So it will probably be around 960M before China opens. If it bombs there and misses 40m.........

It wasn't very successful in the other Chinese-speaking territories like Hong Kong and Taiwan, so pessimism is perfectly fine about this.

Will make about the same in Hong Kong than Skyfall.Dunno about Taiwan... Edited by Elessar

It will still finish below Skyfall. And my TH1 under ROTK club will still succeed. :P

You were absolutely right :wave:I will be content if this still can be a franchise with 6 movies over 300 in US (although I see it difficult because Desolation of Smaug can easily fail. In my opinion, it needs an OMG trailer for this), and 4 movies over 1 billion WW.

You were absolutely right :wave:I will be content if this still can be a franchise with 6 movies over 300 in US (although I see it difficult because Desolation of Smaug can easily fail. In my opinion, it needs an OMG trailer for this), and 4 movies over 1 billion WW.

As long as all actors disappear. We are on the same page here. Fanboys don`t care to watch Borelando, Pace, Turner, Armitage, Evans and Granny in anything. They only care for boxoffice. I care that those stupid Z listers go the fuck away and never come back in anything relevant be it a shampoo commercial or whatever bigger than that. So you can have desired BO as long as Z-listers remain Zzzzz.I also want PJ to become irrelevant forever. Again, fanboys care that TH does well but don`t give a crap about his other films. So we are on the same page. Edited by fishnets

As long as all actors disappear. We are on the same page here. Fanboys don`t care to watch Borelando, Pace, Turner, Armitage, Evans and Granny in anything. They only care for boxoffice. I care that those stupid Z listers go the fuck away and never come back in anything relevant be it a shampoo commercial or whatever bigger than that. So you can have desired BO as long as Z-listers remain Zzzzz.

I also want PJ to become irrelevant forever. Again, fanboys care that TH does well but don`t give a crap about his other films. So we are on the same page.

Posted Image
  • Like 1

As long as all actors disappear. We are on the same page here. Fanboys don`t care to watch Borelando, Pace, Turner, Armitage, Evans and Granny in anything. They only care for boxoffice. I care that those stupid Z listers go the fuck away and never come back in anything relevant be it a shampoo commercial or whatever bigger than that. So you can have desired BO as long as Z-listers remain Zzzzz.I also want PJ to become irrelevant forever. Again, fanboys care that TH does well but don`t give a crap about his other films. So we are on the same page.

Producers care about box office, not me. I would like TH had done more money, but it is not a life or death topic for me. I earn the same if this does 1$ or 2 billion. Even if AUJ had only sold my tickets I would still see it as a great film and that is what I really care: quality. And I am expecting the same for DOS and TABA. Casablanca is (in my opinion) the best movie in the history and it does not appear in adjusted or non-adjusted lists.And for the record, and it is just my opinion, Armitage is absolutely AMAZING as Thorin.
  • Like 2

Opinions

True.OMG, this made my day:

By the way, not that this is, ahem, related or anything, but does anyone know why Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr showed up(at the Golden Globes party)? It’s a little embarrassing. As far as I know, he wasn’t connected to any of the films at all. So where do you seat him? Certainly not close to the front.

http://www.laineygossip.com/Julia-Roberts-Leonardo-DiCaprio-at-best-table-Golden-Globes-2013/25681Priceless. Edited by fishnets