tidbit

Tue Est Box Office - M3 7.1, Prometheus 5, Swath 3

Bridesmaids, Horrible Bosses were female-skewing too.

Horrible Bosses' audience skewed slightly male (51 percent), while 64 percent were over the age of 25 years old, according to Warner Bros.

53 vs 47 is not skewing female, its almost even. (about SW) -_-

That sort of skewing is almost irrelevant, it would have no affect on it's Tuesday number.

That sort of skewing is almost irrelevant, it would have no affect on it's Tuesday number.

Exactly, I see only movies with over 60%-65% to be defiantly skewing towards one direction, be it male-female or older-younger.

I think Prometheus is doing about 'as expected', certainly not tanking.

I'll be seeing it a second time this weekend with different friends whose 1st viewing it will be for them.

Prometheus should do fairly well again.

IMO the only contender is Rock of Ages this weekend. Do people still like Adam Sandler? His new film That's My Boy looks like shit yet again. Not a good follow-up choice to Jack&Jill. It looks like the Billy Madison script slightly retooled...meaning it's bad leftovers from what once was good.

Horrible Bosses' audience skewed slightly male (51 percent), while 64 percent were over the age of 25 years old, according to Warner Bros.

Ok, but I think we should discard it because it is a comedy - female-driven genre in general. HB run has been nothing like Prom so far.

District 9 is the model we should be using IMO.

Ok, but I think we should discard it because it is a comedy - female-driven genre in general. HB run has been nothing like Prom so far.District 9 is the model we should be using IMO.

I never disagreed with you, District 9 is a good comparison so far, not SW or any R rated comedy.

Exactly, I see only movies with over 60%-65% to be defiantly skewing towards one direction, be it male-female or older-younger.

With especially large audiences, things like 55% male can mean a significant skew in that direction just because a 10% difference is so many people

In all likelihood, Prometheus is getting hit from the NBA Finals harder than other films (as well as game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals on Saturday). Now if it has a relatively bad hold today in between Finals games, then it may be time to panic a bit.

In all likelihood, Prometheus is getting hit from the NBA Finals harder than other films (as well as game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals on Saturday). Now if it has a relatively bad hold today in between Finals games, then it may be time to panic a bit.

Have sports EVER affected movies more than maybe 5%?

Have sports EVER affected movies more than maybe 5%?

I'd certainly think (without looking it up) that Super Bowl Sunday creates a larger hit on that particular day than a mere 5%. Though, probably most people who want to see a particular movie that weekend either just go on Friday and Saturday or wait until the week or the next weekend, and still end up seeing it anyway.

A please and a thank-you go a long way in this world.You're not Mr. Wolf you know.

Thank for what, exactly? It's his thread. And the dammit part was my reaction to seeing the discrepancy between the title and the actual post. Edited by Bitcher