24 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Rock of Ages

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I honestly don't understand how people can like films like Chicago and hate this. There is so much energy and fun and passion in this film. I enjoyed the hell out of it, one of the best of 2012 for me.

• Like 2

I honestly don't understand how people can like films like Chicago and hate this. There is so much energy and fun and passion in this film. I enjoyed the hell out of it, one of the best of 2012 for me.

The music in Rock of Ages >>> the music in Chicago
  • Like 2

Rock of Ages was excellent, from musical point of view... The story, though, was pretty meh. It's too cliche. A girl moves to Hollywood, falls in love, but goes through problems with her boyfriend for different stuff... If the story was a little bit different, at least one or two things original, this movie would've rocked like it should have.

And the fact that they made Russel Brand's character gay was the stupidest idea possible. I love his character as he was, funny, but they had to ruin and add romance everywhere, even between him and his boss...

JESUS.

I had to look back on this thread just to make sure that Gopher still hated it...he does....so I feel better.

I really love this film.  Every person in this film is funny, charming and utterly awesome.  Cruise is brilliant, Giammati is awesome, Baldwin and Brand are beautiful and make a great couple.  And of course Hough and all the rest.  I've said it before, but I don't get the hate for the film.

• Like 1

I wouldn't even stop at the audience that hated the movie- I think that everyone involved with this production is probably ashamed of its existence. baumer's probably the only reason it made 30 mil in the first place.

#TeamGopher #TeamBaumer

• Like 1