24 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Rock of Ages

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Is that just because of the music/soundtrack or the movie itself is actually good?

Is there a difference? I mean, honestly, is Chicago a good movie or was the music what made it? ROA is a film about the 80's. The music, the look, the small town girl in the big city looking to make it big, the rock star who is larger than life. It's all there.

Well, Chicago features completely original songs. ROA is an 80s greatest hits jukebox musical.

And that's one of the reasons it appealed to me so much.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT??? This movie made me want to punch somebody. It was so bad, Its sad that the songs are sang by people that should be on Glee. The 2 leads aren't that good at acting, the big names were phoning it in, and the horrible storyline twist with Alec Bladwin and Russell Brand is not even hinted before it happens. That scene alone made me walk out in disgrace. The only person who did a good job was Tom Cruise but he could not save this movie. so F THIS MOVIE.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT??? This movie made me want to punch somebody. It was so bad, Its sad that the songs are sang by people that should be on Glee. The 2 leads aren't that good at acting, the big names were phoning it in, and the horrible storyline twist with Alec Bladwin and Russell Brand is not even hinted before it happens. That scene alone made me walk out in disgrace. The only person who did a good job was Tom Cruise but he could not save this movie. so F THIS MOVIE.

I don't think you are from this era of music. My guess is you are about 20 or younger. And if so, it won't appeal to you as much.
  • Like 1

I've clapped at the end of a few movies before. Never have I stood up and cheered. I didn't this time either but I wanted to. I had so much fun in this. It was just incredible.We Built This City/We're Not Going to Take It mash up was beautiful too.

The absolute most fun I've had at the theater this year!10/10

Can't find any fault in what Baumer said there. I doubt any film will surpass it in fun this year either. That said, I had one issue with the film, and that was the lead up to the most over used song in recent memory. Don't get me wrong, I love Don't Stop Believing, but after all the glee shit etc, they should have tried to switch to something else that isn't as overused. And there was no Queen, the best Rock band ever.9/10
  • Like 1

I don't think you are from this era of music. My guess is you are about 20 or younger. And if so, it won't appeal to you as much.

Im not from this era of music but I have grown up listening to the music from that era. Heck that music is a hell of a lot better then most of the rap crap today. Cruise is the only one I could say did a good job. The rest of the cast were just not that good. I love 80's music but this reminded me of Karaoke night. The villain here Patricia Whitmore, her motives to shut down the club are very weak. I would tell her just get over it. The more I think about this movie, the more pissed off I get.

The Alec and Russell "can't fight this feeling anymore" scene was awesome, very funny. The sex scene was funny as well. Just a great film and great time at the theatre.

That's what made it awesome. It was random as hell.

It was random, good word for it. And I think you're right. That's what made it so funny.I don't remember the line verbatim, but I thought it was hysterical when the Mexican bar back is calling Baldwin for something, and as Baldwin and Brand are staring into each other's eyes, he replies, "Tell them I'm busy...busy falling in love." :rofl:
  • Like 1