Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

Woody Alllen movies are mostly big bores, yes.

They impress the pseudo intellecutual crowd like critics and cinephiles because they have a lot of words and make references to jazz, litterature and classic plays.

I only got interested in him because of Scarjo in 2005 and Match Point.

I am going to suffer through Blue Jamsine ( whose trailer seemed so forced and fake) to check out what the big hoopla is about Senor Blanchitto whose reviews are borderline ridiculous. " Best acting ever in the history of acting, OSCAH !!!" From the most calculated actress of her generation, that doesn't surprise me critics mistaket her performances for greatness.

Edited by The Futurist

Gotta love how people who like Woody Allen get called pseudo-intellectual when Allen himself openly and ruthlessly mocks and satirizes pseudo-intellectuals all the fucking time in his movies. 

That's what they like about Allen and gush about. That hipster irony about them. Narcissic snobs that live in their Bourgeoisie comfortable bubble, watching the Allen of the year is just a vanity mirror and a way of saying during cosy boring dinners: "Look, I can laugh on myself 'intellectually' watching Allen, I'm so cool and not a self-indulgent snobby prick. I love Woody Dat genius!".

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Woody_Allen

Edited by dashrendar44

Gotta love how people who like Woody Allen get called pseudo-intellectual when Allen himself openly and ruthlessly mocks and satirizes pseudo-intellectuals all the fucking time in his movies. 

Dick contests between intellectuals happen too you know, not only in catch and boxing matches.

It is always good to convince yourself you are better than the rest of your kind, hence the mocking from Woody you are reffering to.

• Like 2

Other:

[*]X-Men 3 was very good

[*]Drive (2011) was overrated

Star Wars:

[*]The opening trumpet blast in the Star Wars main theme is jarring so I usually skip past that part [*]While we're on the subject of Star Wars, Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith are very very good [*]John Williams (composer) has lost a bit of his magic, probably since Phantom Menace (his last legendary score)

• Like 1