Jack Nevada

Anna Karenina

Isn't this like the 10th time they've remade this shit? Damn let this Russian bitch die already!

Oh my. I didn't want to laugh but that was funny. :lol:But you can't complain about Anna Karenina if you don't complain about the countless films of other classic literature. I mean how many different ways can they make Oliver Twist, Wuthering Hts, Jane Eyre, A Christmas Carol, David Copperfield, Great Expectations or Any Jane Austen novel.

Oh my. I didn't want to laugh but that was funny. :lol:But you can't complain about Anna Karenina if you don't complain about the countless films of other classic literature. I mean how many different ways can they make Oliver Twist, Wuthering Hts, Jane Eyre, A Christmas Carol, David Copperfield, Great Expectations or Any Jane Austen novel.

It seems like this one has been abused more than most though (A Christmas Carol's had an awful lot of iterations too though).

Isn't this like the 10th time they've remade this shit? Damn let this Russian bitch die already!

At least this is a remake of a literary classic. How many endless comic book (most decidedly NOT literary classic) reboots must we be subjected to?
  • Like 1

At least this is a remake of a literary classic. How many endless comic book (most decidedly NOT literary classic) reboots must we be subjected to?

Certainly not as many as this that's for sure!Do you know IMDB shows no less than TWENTY FIVE different versions of Anna Karenina including the TV mini-series? I mean good lord, let it die!!

Certainly not as many as this that's for sure!Do you know IMDB shows no less than TWENTY FIVE different versions of Anna Karenina including the TV mini-series? I mean good lord, let it die!!

Holy Crap you're right. But Oliver Twist still has more if you include Oliver! and Twist and the like. I seriously didn't know about all of those versions of AK dating back to 1910. I thought I saw the majority of them. I guess i was wrong, lol. Edited by ECSTASY

Funny enough, I'm completely ignorant to the story of Anna Karenina. Have never read the book or seen a single adaptation. Only thing I know, and only because of Fishnets blatantly posting it, is that she apparently gets run over by a train.

I am not a Tolstoy fan either. I used to read books back in High School and I found War and Peace to be just a boring and bland POS. On the other hand, Dostoevsky is one of the best writers ever. It is a shame that no one adapts his books for movies although you can see influence of books like Crime and Punishment all over the place in modern Cinema.

Funny enough, I'm completely ignorant to the story of Anna Karenina. Have never read the book or seen a single adaptation. Only thing I know, and only because of Fishnets blatantly posting it, is that she apparently gets run over by a train.

The book doesn't even end there. it goes on another 100 pages or so after that. There are two stories that run parallel in the book. Anna Karenina's story and Levin's story. Anna's story seems to always make it in the films. Most of the time Levin's story is left out. It's really about morals. double standards for men and women. It's more of a tragedy for Anna than a love story.

I am not a Tolstoy fan either. I used to read books back in High School and I found War and Peace to be just a boring and bland POS. On the other hand, Dostoevsky is one of the best writers ever. It is a shame that no one adapts his books for movies although you can see influence of books like Crime and Punishment all over the place in modern Cinema.

Funny I just watched an adaption recently. I think it was the BBC.

Funny I just watched an adaption recently. I think it was the BBC.

BBC adaptations are pretty good. Better than any movie as far as loyalty to the source is concerned. I just think Dostoevsky's work translates well to modern setting and BBC isn't going to do that.

BBC adaptations are pretty good. Better than any movie as far as loyalty to the source is concerned. I just think Dostoevsky's work translates well to modern setting and BBC isn't going to do that.

There was another adaptation I started watching on tv but didn't finish. It had a contemporary setting and I think it starred Crispin Glover.
  • Like 1

Except for Atonement, Keira Knightley 's movies box office performances in the US have been abysmal since the last pirate movie in 2007.She's Dame flop.

She is a Dame Flop because she always flopped when she tried to carry a movie on her name alone. POTC was Depp baby and Atonement was based on a big best-seller and it wasn`t even a big hit (Made,like, $40 mio in US or so). She singlehandedly tanked Domino, The Jacket and King Arthur, the latter being Bruckheimer bomb so it`s puzzling that he invested $300 mio in warrior KK POTC:AWE when her warrior antics where the reason for KA bombing.s we all know, AWE made over $100 mio less than DMC which costed less and KK`s warrior crap was critically panned and many fans hated her awful Piracy = Freedom faux-Braveheart speech and that shitfest of a battle wedding.She should stay away from action. BTW, did you guys know she was one of 4 shortlisted actresses for TDKR`s Selina? Edited by fishnets