Impact

Characters in movies who you wished did not die (Put spoiler tags!)

NOTE: FOR ANY FILM MADE WITHIN THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS USE SPOILER TAGS!Okay I wil start:Qui Gon in Episode I-yes I knew he die but I still was upset when he did die.Gandalf in FOTR-okay he didn't really die but thats besides the point.Bubba in Forrest Gump-Dang that scene is so sad.Sam the dog in I am Legend...Wilson in Cast Away!!!! (Classic one)Now for a 2012 film:The Avengers:

Agent Coulson. That scene was sad.

The first lady in ID4. Would bring me nearly to tears when I was a little kid.Hudson and Vasquez in Aliens. They were TRULY badass.Hicks and Newt in Alien 3. One of the reasons I don't like Alien 3.Jean Grey in X-Men The Last Stand. I love her.

NOTE: FOR ANY FILM MADE WITHIN THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS USE SPOILER TAGS!Now for a 2012 film:The Avengers:

Agent Coulson. That scene was sad.

Eh, if you take away that scene from The Avengers then the movie would have had no emotion. Edited by Iceroll Rises
  • Like 1

Just putting spoilers on recent films...assuming most have seen or will probably never see the others.

Ironhide

in TF3.Ironhide in Transformers: The Movie

Dan Evans

in 3:10 to Yuma(Better movie for it, but still...)Capt Kirk in Star Trek GenerationsAlso:Doc Ock in SM2. GG made sense for the trilogy, Doc Ock's death, while important to that particular moment of that film was ultimately pointless to the series. I'd have rather him come back for a "Sinister Six" for SM3 or SM4, but, alas, we got Venom. :mellow:

Charlize's character in Prometheus. Because she was great in it but I would've like to have seen more done with the character, It felt like a lot of wasted potential.

Remember how David called her Mum? I have a theory that her 'personality' will end up being the ship's consciousness in Nostromo-type ships.

I`ve no problem with good deaths that make sense, are respectful to the character,etc. Therefore, these two bug the fuck out of me cause they are the lamest shit ever:

Norrington and Sao Feng in POTC:AWE. One is a fighter character another is played by a martial arts legend. both killed off without fight way before the big battle where they should have been present due to their qualifications and narrative logic. Talk about most pointless deaths in movie history. And the movie was garbage.

I`ve no problem with good deaths that make sense, are respectful to the character,etc. Therefore, these two bug the fuck out of me cause they are the lamest shit ever:

Norrington and Sao Feng in POTC:AWE. One is a fighter character another is played by a martial arts legend. both killed off without fight way before the big battle where they should have been present due to their qualifications and narrative logic. Talk about most pointless deaths in movie history. And the movie was garbage.

I completely forgot about that. Also, I would add Governor Swann as well

I completely forgot about that. Also, I would add Governor Swann as well

Totally. They off`d him so that he can spout a piece of exposition. None of deaths was organic or followed narrative logic.Terrible movie. Edited by fishnets

Meh I only thought it was dumb they credited them so high, but not surprised they did. Pirates 3 was my least favorite but still a good film.The ant in Honey I Shrunk the Kids. Scene made me cry as a kid.

Radio Flyer-the ending is iffy, you don't know if the brother really ever did live or not. We discussed the ending in HS. Tom Hanks who narrates it says his brother did live, but there is eveidence saying otherwise.

:lol: As I said before thanks to the internet we can never have a major plot twist anymore. (Crying Game never work now-you can look up the actor. Surprise Sixth Sense worked so well!)