Neo

In The Heart Of The Sea | December 11, 2015 | New Trailer on Page 8

I've seen a documentary about the Essex, its disastrous attack on an angry, intelligent whale and the hideously tragic events that followed. The film should be intense if it hews to the real story. I wonder how graphic they will go with the events after they're cast adrift. My sympathies were with the whale to an extent, but that crew suffered for their sins and a whole lot of others. Life of Pi meets The Donner Party about sums it up.

• Like 2

Have you read the book ? This is just one of the most amazing stories I have ever read. Herman Melville was inspired by this story to write Moby Dick. Edgar Alan Poe's The Narrative Of Arthur Gordon Pym Of Nantucket , one of the most fucked up novel ever written, was also inspired by some events of this story. I hope they don't try to Hollywoodize it by making them heroes.