A Marvel Fanboy

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice | September 6, 2024 | RIP Harry Belafonte

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/11/beetlejuice-2-winona-ryder-confirms-sequel?hootPostID=78b67339ef1c26bd4c9f428e21ba6fd6

Winona Ryder has joined Michael Keaton and Tim Burton in saying aBeetlejuice sequel is in the works (and you know what happens when you say “Beetlejuice” three times).

On Monday’s Late Night with Seth Meyers, the actress confirmed a follow-up to the 1988 film is happening.

“Um, I think I can confirm it, because Tim Burton did this interview — like, it was very hush hush, top secret … and then he was doing some press for Big Eyes and he did an on-camera interview and he said, ‘Oh yeah we’re doing it and Winona’s going to be in it,’ and I was like [shocked face].”

Last year, Keaton and Burton both said plans for a sequel were in motion.

dumbo?!?!?!

burton's suck streak continues. fuck this guy. up until only a couple years ago i was still in his corner his movies meant a lot to me as a kid but i'm so done with his bullshit at this point. (not really a overreaction to beetlejuice 2 not happening don't care about that but just in general his current career state = fuck this guy)

1 hour ago, ddddeeee said:

I thought a movie needs a release date first?

After any sort of official announcement that it's moved beyond general development, our general rule of thumb is it needs two of three things: title, director or significant star(s) attached, and release date.

If Burton's rep is backtracking, though, so maybe I jumped the gun. As soon as they clarify his statement, we'll either move it back to On the Lot or keep it here.

15 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

dumbo?!?!?!

burton's suck streak continues. fuck this guy. up until only a couple years ago i was still in his corner his movies meant a lot to me as a kid but i'm so done with his bullshit at this point. (not really a overreaction to beetlejuice 2 not happening don't care about that but just in general his current career state = fuck this guy)

I have some faith in Miss Perengrine due to Jane Goldman adapting the script. But, yeah, it really wasn't until Alice that he started to lose me. That said, I'll see Perengrine and Beetlejuice 2 for sure.