Jack Nevada

Best director 2012

No offense, b, but i dont think Marigold will not get absolutely any nominations

None taken. But it's the kind of film the academy loves. British, old people, fish out of water and off the radar. I think it will get a best picture nomination. Just a gut feeling. Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

Not to mention, it's a real crowd-pleaser.

True, and one of the year's best, imo. Taking out BD2, which obviously has no traction with the academy, I have it as the fourth best film of the year behind Argo, SLP and Wallflower.

None taken. But it's the kind of film the academy loves. British, old people, fish out of water and off the radar. I think it will get a best picture nomination. Just a gut feeling.

I agree. I've had Marigold at #10 for a while now in my predictions. It also got SAG, so we know that the guilds responded well to it. I wouldn't be surprised it if made the final line-up.

I never see Tarantino getting an Oscar unless he does something very different that has no violence and bombs at the BO. lol I'm actually being serious here.

Tarantino has won a writing Oscar I believe.And no, I cannot under any circumstance see him or Fincher winning BP or BD unless they go Oscar begging. Can't see an honorary one either. They're just so anti-everything the academy likes.

I think Fincher would've had a chance had he done Cleopatra. There's something up the Academy's alley.Anyway, I just came here to say that I REALLY REALLY hope the Academy doesn't award Hooper with a nomination. He basically ruined the whole movie with his horrendous directing.

I think Fincher would've had a chance had he done Cleopatra. There's something up the Academy's alley.Anyway, I just came here to say that I REALLY REALLY hope the Academy doesn't award Hooper with a nomination. He basically ruined the whole movie with his horrendous directing.

Hooper's still happening, IMO. The Brits and the Les Mis lovers will push him in. He's not a bad director per se, and he's one of the best actor's directors out there. He really connects with the actors and brings out of the world performances out of them, but his visual sense isn't always the bets. However, some scenes like Valjean in the mountains are among the best, if not the best of the year.And Fincher doing Cleopatra's essentially Fincher Oscar begging. Edited by riczhang