Impact

Best Adapted Screenplay-2012

^Musicals rarley win screenplayWest Side Story comes to mine for example.

It's Hooper, and it's Miserables. The Academy still loves Hooper, and the novel is hugely popular, especially among the generally older Academy members. Plus, I know for a fact that many Academy members went crazy over just the teaser trailer, and they're going to end up loving the movie whether or not the critics trash it as it's just their type of thing, sappy, and sentimental. But, those god damn dutch angles are giving me a headache already. :P

5th spot will go to The Sessions or Beasts of the Southern Wild

Beasts won't happen anymore, its buzz is dying, and its not gonna be SAG eligible, which kills Henry's chances, and it's not gonna get WGA either, nor BAFTAs or Globes, especially the globes with only one category for screenplays. It's screenplay chances are dead, and so is Henry, and BP is hanging by a thread, I debated taking it out of my predictions last night. Only good bet right now is Quvenzhane Wallis, and if she gets nommed at the Oscars, she has a good chance at being the first person in ages to be nominated with no precursors at all. BAFTAs no, SAGs disqualified, so maybe the Globes or BFCA, but chances for both especially Globes are slim.

and it's not gonna get WGA either

The amount of films that were WGA-ineligible but got Oscar noms is legion. The WGA has incredibly fickle and bureaucratic rules about what films are ineligible. There's at least 2-3 films that are ruled WGA ineligble that go on to be Oscar nominees each year. Tarantino films have always been WGA-ineligible to name a big example. Edited by 4815162342

The amount of films that were WGA-ineligible but got Oscar noms is legion. The WGA has incredibly fickle and bureaucratic rules about what films are ineligible. There's at least 2-3 films that are ruled WGA ineligble that go on to be Oscar nominees each year. Tarantino films have always been WGA-ineligible to name a big example.

I know that, King's Speech, Artist, and etc. I could list them for ages of films who've gone on to get nominated or win at the Oscars with no WGA, but I'm saying that for a film that's getting engulfed by the awards season, and who's buzz is dying they need every little bit of award noms they can get, and they're not gonna get it.