Olive

Official France Box Office Thread

Box office France is very strong this year.

106,62 millions admissions after 6 month. The best box office of the last 40 years.

June was bad nevertheless, because the world cup was more important in France. The sun was here also. But, now for the next 6 months, the box office will be great, with many french films and american films.

For the moment the french films are 48,5% market share. It's very strong. The american films 41,5% market share only. In recent years, it was the opposite.

i am so happy to hear that!

:D

I hope Lucy can also do well later this summer!

Could someone explain to me why HTTYD2 is being reported as $4.7m this weekend, Petit Nicolas 2 at $4.5m, but Deadline says PN2 is the one that won the weekend? $4.5m < $4.7m

They might be talking about admissions.

i coudn't find any result for France week end here yet, i think they are waiting for 14th july ( which is holiday and like another sunday) and very important for the number before revealing the true numbers.

All i know is that dragons 2 won the friday, saturday and sunday in Paris ( source rentrak ) but I know in some others french town, the petit nicolas won . It's going to be very tight between them and it's a good news for Dragons 2

• Like 2

i coudn't find any result for France week end here yet, i think they are waiting for 14th july ( which is holiday and like another sunday) and very important for the number before revealing the true numbers. All i know is that dragons 2 won the friday, saturday and sunday in Paris ( source rentrak ) but I know in some others french town, the petit nicolas won . It's going to be very tight between them and it's a good news for Dragons 2

Paris -Weekend:Nicolas:105,000 Admissions(with previews)Toothless:100,000.

Which one is the best site to check admissions? I wanted to compare Oz, Snow White and Maleficent.Oz is at 1 543 213 entrées on Allocine, 1 592 310 on jp-boxoffice, 1 590 935 on Lumiere.Snow White is at 1 955 857 entrées on Allocine and jp-boxoffice, 1 977 622 on Lumiere.

JP is better imo.

Allocine & Jp matching Distrib  reported , well Oz 1,592,434, interesting Lumiere SW #

Edited by Rth
  • Like 1

i coudn't find any result for France week end here yet, i think they are waiting for 14th july ( which is holiday and like another sunday) and very important for the number before revealing the true numbers.

All i know is that dragons 2 won the friday, saturday and sunday in Paris ( source rentrak ) but I know in some others french town, the petit nicolas won . It's going to be very tight between them and it's a good news for Dragons 2

true Nicolas did win in some but not by much

• Like 1

Which one is the best site to check admissions? I wanted to compare Oz, Snow White and Maleficent.Oz is at 1 543 213 entrées on Allocine, 1 592 310 on jp-boxoffice, 1 590 935 on Lumiere.Snow White is at 1 955 857 entrées on Allocine and jp-boxoffice, 1 977 622 on Lumiere.

JP is better imo.

Allocine & Jp matching Distrib  reported , well Oz 1,592,434, interesting Lumiere SW #

Actually with SW Lumiere has the more acurate number

#Dragons2 a dépassé hier lundi les 2 millions d'entrées 11 jours seulement après sa sortie ! #Rio2 avait dépassé ce cap au bout de 20 jours

translation, dragons 2 , yesterday ( monday ) is now over 2 millions admissions in 11 days! Rio 2 made 20 days to reach that level

remember that dragons , the original movie made in 10 weeks, 2.3 millions admissions.

i don't know, if the only news, we will have the complete new number admissions ( including today ) tomorrow. Here we don't talk in Gross, but in admissions.

over 2 millions admissions is a succes here for a movie, so quickly it's even better. When you think the first movie did this in 10 weeks.

So exact total admissions tomorrow afternoon, it wlll include thuesday numbers as well. 

I'm very happy it's already over 2 millions! 

• Like 1

Estimations for the week 

http://www.cine-directors.net/boxoff.htm

petit nicolas 930 000 admissions

dragons 2 725 000 admissins , cume 2.075000 admissions ( over 2 millions in two weeks , such a good news, the petit nicolas didn't hurt it badly.)

let's see how transformers will do, hope it won't hurt dragons 2 too much. httyd 2 will beat easy the first movie who made 2.3M in 10 weeks. 

I wonder how far Dragons 2 can go. 

• Like 1

at Paris 14h, for the opening day, transformers did 2819 admissions. It's not really good if you compare with TF3 which did 5139 admissions...

It's just paris at 14pm.  No doubt he will be the first of the week but for now it's a low start for TF4 in the french capital.

http://leboxofficepourlesnuls.com/2014/07/16/box-office-paris-14h-transformers-4-realise-le-plus-faible-demarrage-de-la-franchise/

Edited by pupuceplus