Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

• Founder / Operator

Not involved with the movie.

They don't have to be. Don't forget that Disney is Marvel now, for all intents and purposes. They're still going to market this as if it were a Marvel movie and they won't want to cut into their own interests by dumping money into it this early in the year when they still have CA2 and GOTG to pitch to audiences.

When it comes to that kind of decision-making, the buck ultimately stops with Disney regardless of whether its Marvel producing it or not.

Edited by ShawnMR

They don't have to be. Don't forget that Disney is Marvel now, for all intents and purposes. They're still going to market this as if it were a Marvel movie and they won't want to cut into their own interests by dumping money into it this early in the year when they still have CA2 and GOTG to pitch to audiences.

When it comes to that kind of decision-making, the buck ultimately stops with Disney regardless of whether its Marvel producing it or not.

Just saying what I know about the movie, as of now Marvel is taking a back seat. What happens from now til November 6 is anyone's guess.

Edited by Neo
  • Like 1

Just saying what I know about the movie, as of now Marvel is taking a back seat. What happens from now til November 6 is anyone's guess.

Yeah, this is a WDAS movie, not a marvel movie.And especially after Frozen, Marvel is t going to be dictating it.That being said, I've no doubt some strong synergy around the brands will happen, even if it's completely WDAS movie.

If they do advertise the Marvel connection, I think it's going to be more downplayed than their MCU films. Their audience for this includes 4-6 year olds, and not many of them are allowed to see The Avengers, which this doesn't have much relevance to anyway.

Edited by tribefan695

If they do advertise the Marvel connection, I think it's going to be more downplayed than their MCU films. Their audience for this includes 4-6 year olds, and not many of them are allowed to see The Avengers, which this doesn't have much relevance to anyway.

I think that's a safe bet. They'll market the Marvel connection, but they're not going to pretend it's the next MCU movie or try to tie it in that way.Nor should they since...well...it's not.

I think that's a safe bet. They'll market the Marvel connection, but they're not going to pretend it's the next MCU movie or try to tie it in that way.Nor should they since...well...it's not.

A trailer for it will for sure be paired with Guardians of the Galaxy, if not Captain America or Maleficent.

Who are these 4-6 year olds who aren't allowed to watch The Avengers? The movie broke out to such an extent because it had much more kiddie appeal than Nolan's Bat trilogy.

• Like 2

Who are these 4-6 year olds who aren't allowed to watch The Avengers? The movie broke out to such an extent because it had much more kiddie appeal than Nolan's Bat trilogy.

LOL this. All my cousins ranged from like 4-12 have seen the Avengers. Isn't that the target audience for this film?  

• Like 1

LOL this. All my cousins ranged from like 4-12 have seen the Avengers. Isn't that the target audience for this film?  

It definitely was a demographic Disney and Marvel targeted heavily with all the tie-in toys, school bags and other merchandise for kids. There were plenty of little kids at both of the Avengers screenings I had attended. I remember reading articles in 2012 about how the film and superheroes became a kindergarten craze after that, with "superhero dress up" day and what not.

• Like 1

The story's closer to The Iron Giant than The Incredibles, but still very different from TIG too. It really has the potential to be one of Disney Animation's best yet! And that's what they need to sustain the momentum they have recently regained.

Good comparisons with The Incredibles and The Iron Giant. It's sort of a hybrid of the two I think.  A boy and his robot with the team substituting as his family.  

Edited by WileECoyote
  • Like 1

Good comparisons with The Incredibles and The Iron Giant. It's sort of a hybrid of the two I think.  A boy and his robot with the team substituting as his family.  

Plus a Harry Potter-esque twist of pre-teen/teen characters attending a school for "gifted" students. It will be a rich and diverse story.