Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

Honey Lemon wears glasses and looks a bit like Rapunzel and Anna. Wasabi has been changed to a black person? Go-go looks a lot like Rukia from Bleach.

:ph34r:

Wasabi and Gogo are perfect. Not sure about glasses on Honey Lemon. But not a bad design either. Disney must bring variation into their "white girl" designs though. Rapunzel, Anna and now Honey all look like sisters or at the very least, cousins.

I though honey lemon would be more sassy, hot chick than those nerdy glasses suggest based on the name alone. Haha.

Tangled, Wreck-it Ralph and Frozen - all teaser trailers debuted on June. So I can feel the trailer for this is attached on HTTYD2 or Maleficent.

And they can market it as a Marvel-based movie done by Disney, just like how Frozen was "inspired by The Snow Queen" and Tangled was "loosely based on Rapunzel"

Best case scenario is mid-50s, imo. I just don't think the GA will respond as well to a modern Asian influenced animation compared to a classical European.

I think people are overstating the Asian influence. We're talking about a Disney movie based on a barely known Marvel comic that had some late-90s manga influence. The product we get is probably going to be about 70% Disney, 25% Marvel, and 5% manga, although I may be overstating the influence Marvel and manga have. When it comes to general audiences, they're going to see Disney and possibly the Marvel connection and that will be it.

(And there's my 1000th post.)

• Like 7

I think people are overstating the Asian influence. We're talking about a Disney movie based on a barely known Marvel comic that had some late-90s manga influence. The product we get is probably going to be about 70% Disney, 25% Marvel, and 5% manga, although I may be overstating the influence Marvel and manga have. When it comes to general audiences, they're going to see Disney and possibly the Marvel connection and that will be it.

(And there's my 1000th post.)

"San Francisokyo" sounds like a pretty difficult conceit to hide in your marketing

This will be either a big hit or a disastrous miss. Personally, I wouldn't predict that much of an opening for it. Certainly not like Frozen 5-Day and stuff like that.

Best case scenario will be 60-75M OW and somewhere around 210-225M final tally. I don't think it will be easy to market to General Audience.

• Like 1