Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

Frozen had the advantage of no similar competition until January whereas BH6 has to deal with Penguins of Madagascar, Annie and Night of the Museum, I still think it'll be a hit but not sure on $800m WW, 

I find it weird that WDAS is never credited in trailers whereas Pixar always is. 

Paddington will also take some international business, atleast in Europe. 

Soooo. . . . could this actually beat Interstellar on Opening Weekend? I think it might actually possible.

I also think Big Hero 6 is gonna have a huge marketing campaign. 

It's going to be an interesting battle for sure.

Soooo. . . . could this actually beat Interstellar on Opening Weekend? I think it might actually possible.

I think Big Hero 6 is gonna have a huge marketing campaign. 

Hmm, that would be awesome. The possible meltdowns could be fun.

I think Big Hero 6 is gonna have a huge marketing campaign. 

I'm sure as hell looking forward more to seeing Big Hero 6 than Interstellar. I have zero interest in Interstellar.

• Like 1

Okay forgive me if I'm wrong. I thought that Big hero six. was kind of like a super hero movie about six heroes. maybe it's not, but some trendy looking preteen and some white bloby thing doesn't strike me as exciting. at all. in fact the trailer looked awful, which stinks cause I love Frozen, Wreck-it Ralph and Tangled.

I can see both films co-existing and doing well but after the success of Frozen, I can see Big Hero 6 breaking out and doing well.

There's not much buzz with Interstellar aside from Nolan's fanboys while Big Hero 6 is already gaining attention because it is Frozen's successor.

So there's a chance BH6 > Interstellar for OW

Edited by phantom

It'll certainly benefit from being the first big animated film in a while (The Boxtrolls may be solid, but Laika is still relatively niche compared to other animated studios, and The Book of Life doesn't have an awful lot of potential) so I think that this could definitely open over $60m. Penguins will cut into its legs, but it should still clear $200m. I get the feeling that Interstellar going to be less of a huge opener and more leggy.

Current predicts:

Big Hero 6: 63/232

Interstellar: 54/209

• Like 3

Okay forgive me if I'm wrong. I thought that Big hero six. was kind of like a super hero movie about six heroes. maybe it's not, but some trendy looking preteen and some white bloby thing doesn't strike me as exciting. at all. in fact the trailer looked awful, which stinks cause I love Frozen, Wreck-it Ralph and Tangled.

You have a right to your opinion. At the same time, Tangled, Frozen, and to an extent Wreck-it-Ralph had weak trailers. Look how they turned out. It's like don't judge a Disney animated movie by its trailer.

Edited by Yandereprime
  • Like 1

I really do worry that all the heroes outside of Hiro and Baymax will feel like tagalongs. BH6 will only be 90 minutes I'm assuming, and that means some characters will be shafted with the character development.

Avengers had this problem even though it was longer, the only reason it got away with it was because the big four already had their solo movies pre Avengers. The less said about the Wolverine and the X-men movies the better. :wacko:

Edited by Mojoguy

It'll certainly benefit from being the first big animated film in a while (The Boxtrolls may be solid, but Laika is still relatively niche compared to other animated studios, and The Book of Life doesn't have an awful lot of potential) so I think that this could definitely open over $60m. 

Though I hope the Boxtrolls is good (Paranorman was just about a masterpiece to me), I don't see it doing well. Book of Life does look visually astounding but it's by the same studio that brought us Free Birds.

Edited by Yandereprime
  • Like 1

Though I hope the Boxtrolls is good (Paranorman was just about a masterpiece to me), I don't see it doing well. Book of Life does look visually astounding but it's by the same studio that brought us Free Birds.

Boxtrolls may be successful if Dolphin Tale 2 underwhelms, but I'd still consider anything over $20m to be a pretty big victory. The Book of Life, I just don't see it having huge appeal to kids, with the lack of clearly connectable characters and a colorful, yet slightly offbeat art style. 

Boxtrolls may be successful if Dolphin Tale 2 underwhelms, but I'd still consider anything over $20m to be a pretty big victory. The Book of Life, I just don't see it having huge appeal to kids, with the lack of clearly connectable characters and a colorful, yet slightly offbeat art style. 

I saw a trailer for Book of Life recently. The art is pretty interesting.