Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

True.  RT makes no sense sometimes.

But we're all level-headed and reasonable folks here in this thread so let's not get all crazy over a silly review score.

....even if it is ridiculous ;)

• Like 2

Every time someone complains about a 3/5 being labeled rotten, a fairy falls down dead.

LOL.  Must be a lot of dead fairies then because everyone on this forum has probably complained about a RT score at some point or another.

• Like 1

Picking apart someone's review is one thing, but this is just splitting hairs.

How so?  

RT does have a specifically listed method of labeling fresh or rotten, so it's understandable that someone might be upset if under that criteria something should list as fresh but is shown as rotten.

I don't personally care as I feel overall this movie's score will go up with added reviews, but it's not unreasonable of someone to dislike the confusion created by RT's non-adherence to their own listed rules.

Edited by Sal

True.  RT makes no sense sometimes.

But we're all level-headed and reasonable folks here in this thread so let's not get all crazy over a silly review score.

....even if it is ridiculous ;)

Its about to seem more ridiculous.  Apparently this is from the twitter account of that particular reviewer...

https://twitter.com/rockmarooned/status/529816439033962496

Edited by midod

I don't personally care as I feel overall this movie's score will go up with added reviews, but it's not unreasonable of someone to dislike the confusion created by RT's non-adherence to their own listed rules.

Ultimately they're just going to be one review in a sea of much more decisive positive and negative critiques. The only reason anyone cares is because it's one of the first rottens. I guarantee it won't be the last.

Edited by tribefan695

I remember with Frozen the RT score went as low as 84% before it went back up to 89% due to the later addition of reviews. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens with BH6.

Frozen was released 10 days later in the UK after America, and those those UK reviews really helped push up the RT score.

But BH6 isn't going to be released on the UK for a long time (Jan 30), so any late UK reviews won't be a factor until after nearly everyone in the rest of the world has seen the movie. The American reviews will be much more important in terms of early reviews.

Edited by Mojoguy

For my part, I've seen 2/4s labeled fresh, too. It's not just about score, it's about writing tone. The idea of the Tomatometer is a measure of how many "recommend" the film; as in they feel good about suggesting it to the reader. If you're looking for a quality scale, that's what the average rating is for.

Edited by tribefan695

For my part, I've seen 2/4s labeled fresh, too. It's not just about score, it's about writing tone. The idea of the Tomatometer is a measure of how many "recommend" the film; as in they feel good about suggesting it to the reader. If you're looking for a quality scale, that's what the average rating is for.

If a reviewer has more bad to say than good, it tends to be counted as a rotten review on RT.

Gonna have to wait until Friday to get some good GA reviews on this.  Considering the audience, there's not likely to be a lot of reactions from the actual intended folks for this movie (kids) until the weekend.  :P  I still hope there's some Thursday night showings for myself though.

Gonna have to wait until Friday to get some good GA reviews on this.  Considering the audience, there's not likely to be a lot of reactions from the actual intended folks for this movie (kids) until the weekend.   :P  I still hope there's some Thursday night showings for myself though.

I wouldn't be surprised if many families will be waiting until Thanksgiving to see BH6, so this movie's legs should be decent.

I wouldn't be surprised if many families will be waiting until Thanksgiving to see BH6, so this movie's legs should be decent.

I was actually planning to see it as a Thanksgiving movie before I realised it came out at the beginning of the month!

the two rotten reviews clearly show that they see the film as more than kids flick and compare it to the filmmakers' previous works. now, Frozen level magic doesn't come very often. 

they're all valid critical perspectives, just as the positive ones. The kids appeal seems certain, just how far can it reach out to adult audience. 

Edited by teardropmina
  • Like 1