Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

Maybe he's scared about this being higher than Interstellar because BH6 could have a higher OW?

Haha!  Maybe!

Seriously though.  I don't think they're really going to affect each other at all!  

It's not like parents will be dragging their kids to see Intersteller regardless of whether there's a Disney film out the same weekend.  He should be more worried about Hunger Games.

• Like 1

Why does ANYONE feel the need to announce the up-to-the-second Tomatometer here? As if we're all too stupid to look it up ourselves...

I think within the thread it's more out of mild frustration that RT isn't adding the myriad reviews we've found.  There are some that have been up for over a week and still aren't on RT.

I just find it surprising, myself.  But I figure they'll go up there sooner or later.  I just wish they'd stop dragging their heels.

Haha!  Maybe!

Seriously though.  I don't think they're really going to affect each other at all!  

It's not like parents will be dragging their kids to see Intersteller regardless of whether there's a Disney film out the same weekend.  He should be more worried about Hunger Games.

Yeah ,I wasn't serious ;)

These movies can "get along" because they're very different. If I were American I would watch both :wub:

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 2

These movies can "get along" because they're very different. If I was American I would watch both :wub:

Agreed.  I plan to see both.  BH6 this weekend and Interstellar probably in a week or so, depending on finances.

• Like 1

These movies can "get along" because they're very different. If I were American I would watch both :wub:

Same. If I were in America or my home country, I would watch both on the same day.

I think there will be some effect to the box office, but not very significant as both movies are totally different.

• Like 2

Why does ANYONE feel the need to announce the up-to-the-second Tomatometer here? As if we're all too stupid to look it up ourselves...

Why didn't you ask the Interstellar fans that when the reviews started appearing on RT? ;)

Seriously, what else is there to talk about right now?

• Like 1

Three new reviews added

2 Fresh, 1 Rotten

Fresh review

Film Journal International

http://www.filmjournal.com/filmjournal/content_display/reviews/major-releases/e3ia965d4c975640831156990d753dfab10

Fueled by a knowing sense of humor and an eye for colorful spectacle, Big Hero 6 is fine, if sometimes too frenetic, family entertainment. What the movie is missing, though, is that big showstopping scene…the “Let It Go” moment, if you will. That’s the precise instant where Frozen kicked into another gear and you could feel the audience embrace the movie with a fervor that surprised everyone, up to and including Disney itself. (In fact, there’s the slight but notable sense throughout Big Hero 6 that the movie is expressly pursuing the boy-centric audience that the studio assumed—incorrectly, it turns out—wouldn’t have been caught dead going to Frozen. Not that young viewers of both sexes won’t identify with Hiro or enjoy his exploits, but the gender roles are drawn more traditionally here and the specific overtures to girls are too often perfunctory at best.)

This review points out BH6 is no Incredibles—or Frozen in the very first sentence! Will this be a common complaint in other reviews? But he liked the look of the city, and enjoyed the movie overall.

Rotten review

Film School Rejects C+

http://filmschoolrejects.com/reviews/big-hero-6-review.php

Despite being named after and featuring a superhero team, it actually might have behooved Big Hero 6 to drop that angle. So much focus is on Hiro and Baymax that the four other members are relegated far to the fuzzy end of the movie’s focus. None of them have arcs to speak of, just a few broad defining characteristics. There’s GoGo Tomago (Jamie Chung), a tuff girl of action, Honey Lemon (Génesis Rodríguez), who’s sweet-natured and energetic, Wasabi (Damon Wayans, Jr.), who’s fussy and comedically cautious, and Fred (T.J. Miller), an easygoing slacker who provides comic book nerd meta-commentary on the events. None of them have grating presences, and each gets at least one or two good moments, but they consistently get spun to the margins of Hiro and Baymax’s story.

This reviewer really wanted more of the other characters.

Fresh Review

Metro

http://www.metro.us/entertainment/review-big-hero-6-is-an-even-more-unique-marvel-film-than-guardians-of-the-galaxy/zsJnke---Xvqpv4wxuq5jk/

In its way, this is a more distinctive Marvel film than "Guardians of the Galaxy." Divorced from the brand’s “Cinematic Universe,” it’s an even mash-up of the comics factory and their owners, Disney, and for the most part borrows the best from both worlds. (Though setting the tale in metropolis- mash-up “San Fransokyo” smacks of not a gag but of mere greedy international synergy. “Babe: Pig in the City” this isn’t.) The action is better than most; animators don’t tend to construct unfollowable chaos action, and the set pieces even finds jokes in having six heroes with a special power each.

He REALLY loved Baymax. I thought it was interesting he compared this movie to Mystery Men, which means the team is going to be huge on comedy.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 2