Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

New Rotten added

http://nypost.com/2014/11/05/how-does-disneys-big-hero-6-stack-up-to-frozen-not-well/

New York Post

Why does the villain wear a kabuki mask? “It’ll look cool on the action figure!” Why is there a team of superfriends if they’re not going to do much of anything? “We need a full set of figurines for the Happy Meal.” Why are Tokyo and San Francisco merged if nothing is going to be made of this? “Japan is a huge sales target.”

Despite painstaking effort to make this story of two siblings, Hiro (Ryan Potter) and Tadashi (Daniel Henney) as resonant as the one in “Frozen,” “Big Hero 6” is marred by slow development, bland characterizations, limp jokes and meaningless action scenes thrown in at random.

Wow, this was massively negative. This reviewer seems like he really had a bone to pick with Disney. :o

• Like 2

DAMN! The Critics Consensus is already up on RT with just 24 reviews! :lol:

Critics Consensus: Agreeably entertaining and brilliantly animated, Big Hero 6 hits its target audience -- even if it doesn't reach the transcendent creative heights of some recent Disney efforts.

• Like 2

RT is doing the consesus to early. Interstellar had its consensus around 20 as well. I remember when RT did around 70 reviews. 

Agreed. Too early.

I was expecting RT to wait until it had at least 40 reviews before putting up a consesus. By then we usually get a pretty good idea about what kind of score a movie will end up with. ;)

DAMN! The Critics Consensus is already up on RT with just 24 reviews! :lol:

LOL.  It just cannot escape being compared to Frozen, even if it's hardly fair (comparing it to WiR is a lot closer).  Still, I suppose it's expected at this point.

even if it doesn't reach the transcendent creative heights of some recent Disney efforts.

Just fess up, consensus writer.  You mean Frozen.  

Edited by Sal
  • Like 1

The real trouble is that "Top Critics" score. But only 7 of the so-called Top Critics have been counted.  I know there's way more than that.

We have had 10 new reviews so far for today, and I'm expecting way more reviews to appear on RT tomorrow. The flood of reviews WILL be coming on Friday. ;)

• Like 1

New Rotten added

http://nypost.com/2014/11/05/how-does-disneys-big-hero-6-stack-up-to-frozen-not-well/

New York Post

Wow, this was massively negative. This reviewer seems like he really had a bone to pick with Disney. :o

Nah, it's just Kyle Smith, that's his shtick, he gives negative reviews to almost everything and tries to be witty while doing so. He is a big fan of Frozen, though.

Edited by Qindarka
  • Like 1

Nah, it's just Kyle Smith, that's his shtick, he gives negative reviews to almost everything and tries to be witty while doing so. He is a big fan of Frozen, though.

Yeah, I've noticed that about him.  I'm sure it's even worse for BH6 to follow one of the few movies he actually seems to really like.

LOL.  It just cannot escape being compared to Frozen, even if it's hardly fair (comparing it to WiR is a lot closer).  Still, I suppose it's expected at this point.

even if it doesn't reach the transcendent creative heights of some recent Disney efforts.

Just fess up, consensus writer.  You mean Frozen.  

I adore the holy hell out of Frozen, but it did score about an 84% on RT, right? 

It was universally loved by audiences probably. It was highly regarded by critics.