Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

As for the rest of the Disney slate, Frozen has multiple sequences in production, and the feature slated after Frozen is chugging along. "Big Hero 6" appears to be the next project in line. Story is being worked/re-worked. One staffer said that there will be decisions made about release dates next month.

Guess we'll see.

Source: http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-international-trailer.html

Fact or a question? ;)This also could be the long rumored Search for Mickey Mouse that was suppose to come out in the early 2000s!

Fact. The Mickey project was shelved a long time ago. And hand drawn an animation lives only in hybrid forms such as in the upcoming Paperman (attached to Wreck-it Ralph) and another thing is being experimented with for Musker and Clements' upcoming film (creators of Aladdin/Mermaid/Frog)King of the Elves has been shelved as well by the way. Edited by PatrickvD
  • Like 1

I think a film with the Paperman style animation will be released by 2016/2017. I do hope we get a hand drawn animated film from Disney in the future, I wouldn't even mind if was in 3D given it's possible to have a 2D animated film done in 3D due to the 3D rerelease of The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast.

I'm lead to believe that it'll be Big Hero 6 since that would give Disney three straight years with a Marvel release opening at the beginning of November, with Thor: The Dark World in 2013 and now Ant-Man in 2015. It may not have been a coincidence that the announcement for this film was announced at the same time as Ant-Man...

I imagine it'll be Marvel Studios and Walt Disney Animation, after the success of WIR, its nice to see that Disney are doing something different with their animated films. I imagine its CG but it'd be cool if it done in traditional animation or the hybrid style used in Paperman.