diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

At the moment? Only 8th with 6,374 tickets sold. It will start increasing noticeably next week on-wards.

Hmmmm. Firedeep said that presales for DOFP looked very strong here...I hope we can compare something to Cap and Spidey next week

South Korea Daily Box Office (05/17)

Posted Image

Godzilla continues it's average OW in South Korea. Looks set for 500-550K admissions for it's opening week. Week-to week drops won't be pretty either so I'm thinking it'll end somewhere near 1.5M admissions for now. TASM2 is winding down too but it had a decent run, nothing to be disappointed about. It's only the third movie to cross 4M admissions this year after all. Spider-man proved that he's still one of the most popular superheroes in Korea. 

• Like 4

South Korea 20th weekend (05/16-05/18)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Godzilla fails to take 1st place over the weekend. $4.03M OW makes for grim reading. It should clear $10M total but I doubt it doesn much more than that. 

Grand budapest hotel spends it's 9th week in the top 10. It will fall out of the top10 next week with new releases but it's been an incredible run. 

Obsessed is doing decent for an R rated film and it's generating a lot of word of mouth online. It should do steady business without losing too much through competition. 

Edited by Rsyu
  • Like 4

Upcoming releases (05/22)

Posted ImagePosted Image

presales:

X-men days of future past: 12,123 (23.9%) ranked first

Her: 2,112 (3.4%) ranked 7th

(I can't wait to see both :))

other releases
-a girl at my door

-Ghost messenger

-the body

-Tom at the farm

-ONE ON ONE

-Rigor Mortis

-The Trials of Cate McCall

Edited by Rsyu
  • Like 2

I don't see Sunday Pre-Sales #s but: Captain America: The Winter SoldierMon: 25,577 (#1 with 36.6% share)Tues: 64,486Amazing Spiderman 2:Mon: 51,553 (44% share)Tues: 65,534 (50.1% share)

Captain america and TASM2 were both released on a wednesday, DoFP is being released on a thursday

Okey thanks. So we can compare tuesday's presales with Cap and spidey's monday presale..Then DOFP should/could be somewhere in between(hopefully)
  • Like 1

South Korea Daily Box office (05/19)

Posted Image

Presales

DoFP: 28,022 (36.8%)

Obsessed: 12,765 (16.8%)

A Hard Day: 8,652 (11.4%)

Transcendence: 7,177 (9.4%)

The Fatal Encounter 3,770 (5%)

Godzilla is already out of the top 5 for presales ;;

Edited by Rsyu
  • Like 4