diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

Maybe 20% chance. 

I think extrapolating numbers from IM3 and TA1 makes the most sense. 

TA1 OD: 214,105

TA1 Fri-Sun: 1,345,270 (X6.28)

IM3 OD: 422,504

IM3 Fri-Sun: 2,202,055 (X5.2)

Say X5 for AoU and you get a Fri-Sun of 3M. So a total of 3.6million admissions by the end of the week.

Thanks. The record was 4.4 mill right?

It's still pretty cheap, in France it's beyond $10.

Now I just hope it can reach $100m total, beyond that is the cherry on top :)

That ticket price is just the average. I paid $14 dollars for my ticket today. 

Keeping it realistic.. RC was a flat out monster

RC was a 4 quad movie in korea. SH movies are more teenage/young adult driven there. So cannot compare. Plus RC was about a local hero and feel good movie. No way a SH movie can come close. It will take another Avatar(not the sequel) to break RC's total admissions number.

RC was a 4 quad movie in korea. SH movies are more teenage/young adult driven there. So cannot compare. Plus RC was about a local hero and feel good movie. No way a SH movie can come close. It will take another Avatar(not the sequel) to break RC's total admissions number.

I agree..

Well, THe Avengers 2 won't be far behind if it can reach $100m, so doing that with a more limited target audience is quite a prowess :)

You can be proud Marvel :wub:

RC was driven by "patriotism marketing" which is pretty sad and unbeatable in this market. Most people nowadays agree RC getting that number really doesn't make sense when considering the quality of the film. Not that it's a bad film by any stretch, just not something that should have got 17M admissions. 

There is no dubbed format for Aou :P Very little outside of animation gets dubbed.

Oh :o

That's interesting to know, it's always difficult to imagine from a French point of view given dubbed versions are really dominant here (even if there is a growing demand for subtitled versions).

Oh :o

That's interesting to know, it's always difficult to imagine from a French point of view given dubbed versions are really dominant here (even if there is a growing demand for subtitled versions).

I don't know how voice actors are in France but in Korea the talent pool in that area is very shallow. Usually they hire some famous celeb to do it to drive up interest but they suck so people don't watch it just little children mostly.