diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

SATWWZ 380,152 +90.0%) 2,834,647weekly -28%MOS -72%

Incredible performance by WWZ :wub:I think having Brad Pitt as the main star really helps. He's pretty popular in SK. Same case with Les Mis, it's based on a famous book sure, but I think Hugh Jackman also played a role in its success in SK, cause Hugh is well known and loved over there from what I see from local TV shows and such.

Incredible performance by WWZ :wub:I think having Brad Pitt as the main star really helps. He's pretty popular in SK.Same case with Les Mis, it's based on a famous book sure, but I think Hugh Jackman also played a role in its success in SK, cause Hugh is well known and loved over there from what I see from local TV shows and such.

The Wolverine should be a big hit there then. :wub:

The Wolverine should be a big hit there then. :wub:

I'm not sure really, IMO, he's a factor in Les Mis' success in SK. But Wolverine: Origin did mediocre business over there, though that is one terrible movie.

Well, I hope that The Wolverine will be a good movie, and if Hugh Jackman come to SK to promote, then I think the movie could do decent business. It doesn't always work out that way though, both Will Smith and his son came to SK to promote After Earth, but that sure doesn't help their case  :lol:

I highlighted all but 3 of the films on the list, the rest are mostly complete crap. It's embarrassing that the TF3 and MI4 are the third and fourth most attendant Hollywood films in SK. Did they not have movie theaters in the 70s, 80s and 90s?

I see, so your problem has nothing to do with them liking everything American, and is simply a matter of them not having the same taste in films as you have.

• Like 1

I'm not sure really, IMO, he's a factor in Les Mis' success in SK. But Wolverine: Origin did mediocre business over there, though that is one terrible movie.

Well, I hope that The Wolverine will be a good movie, and if Hugh Jackman come to SK to promote, then I think the movie could do decent business. It doesn't always work out that way though, both Will Smith and his son came to SK to promote After Earth, but that sure doesn't help their case  :lol:

How many tickets did les mis sell? I know it's all time #9, I think. 

I see, so your problem has nothing to do with them liking everything American, and is simply a matter of them not having the same taste in films as you have.

Them liking crap like TF3 and MI4 so much is a result of liking everything American. I've actually been in SK, I'm not making this up. Israel also has this problem so don't act like you don't know what I mean.

Them liking crap like TF3 and MI4 so much is a result of liking everything American. I've actually been in SK, I'm not making this up. Israel also has this problem so don't act like you don't know what I mean.

You don't seem to understand, that list is all American by definition, even if every one of those films flopped the list would still be made up of American films. American films you like are just as American as American film you don't like, Inception is just as American as the other films on that list.

As for Israel having the same problem, Israelis do indeed have a generally positive view of America, I just don't see that as a problem.

Edited by Tower