diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

SK update:

at 16.20pm sk time

Sterwart and me are expecting today's admission to be aroun 540k that's a 62.3% from Yesterday and down 35.1% from Thursday.

Wednesday is a Holiday so Tuesday evening should play better than mondays evening, thought Monday is inflated by spill over from the weekend so Tuesday might not jump/not jump big.

PS are 904k atm down from 2.32m at OD last week but it's going up again. We can expect it to rise till Tuesday evening, drop on wednesday (because of holiday, so higher ps's) then rise again till Friday night and drop sat and sun. 

EDIT: 19.20 update had bad evening walk up so more looking like 515k. 

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

More information with the Adm estimated the CGV ratio would be 52.4% Captain Marvel didn't have any day over 50% and EG has been lower than CM every day in % so it's surly off.

The 515k would be a CGV ratio of 48.7% (anything between 48.3% to 49.5% is reasonable). 

IW had a 495k monday, this because 1st may Holiday was on Tuesday so Monday played like a friday. We will get over this number.

It's extremely good EG gets over the IW number, to compare it to IW on the first normal day (Wednesday) it "only" did 265k. Using the standard 15% daily drop from a normal movie a 265k would translate to a 366k monday for IW compared to the 500k EG monday. That said Sat + Sun where huge so spill over was going to happen and that has helped it's monday drop by a lot. 

What to expect to morrow?

Okay PS are in for Tuesday. They are up 23.5%, great news. 

Walk ups will be strong than today, the evening will play more like a friday and we can expect a bit over  600k tomorrow.

This is asuming CGV ratio at 48%. In gross with would mean $4.5m USD.

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, troyand said:

Number is quite lower than expected, which means CGV portion was more than 50%. That's strange because today KOBIS mentioned nothing about calculation delay. Tomorrow morning we will see.

If it adjusts to 515 as expected the CGV % is 48.7, highly aligned with previous linear trend.

6 minutes ago, troyand said:

Number is quite lower than expected, which means CGV portion was more than 50%. That's strange because today KOBIS mentioned nothing about calculation delay. Tomorrow morning we will see.

Don't worry CGV won't go as high as 52.4% the bottom this will do is a CGV ratio of 50% and that absolute worse case. That would give 502k. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Don't worry CGV won't go as high as 52.4% the bottom this will do is a CGV ratio of 50% and that absolute worse case. That would give 502k. 

Saturday's delay was a surprising entertainment, but please, not again. I guess kobis is teasing us, with an evil intention. :WHATanabe:

• Haha 1

Well I don't like to say it but I am almost off to bed an the adm count is only up to 482.7k and doens't seem to be moving anymore. This would mean CGV accounted for 52% of the market, witch is bad :( If tomorrow follows suit it's looking at 565k in total. 

• Sad 4

38 minutes ago, troyand said:

Kobis cut down more than 10k admissions from monday number. They did it also on sunday number yesterday. What the heck are they doing?

I have no clue as it stands the CGV ratio from yesterday was 53.2%. Extremely high so I don't know what it will be today. Hopefully it gets better but I don't know anymore.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Will it have so-so legs in Korea?

To be honest for a Monday that 470k was a great number (IW did 485k with semi holiday) so it's was fine really. It's just strange that CGV went up to 53% whilst normaly it's a lot lower.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Endgame Tuesday 545,257

Okay this is good 15.6% up from yesterday. Wednesday will also go up atleast +40% I will update when we get the PS number. Also CGV now at 50.1% instead of yesterdays 53%.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pepsa said:

To be honest for a Monday that 470k was a great number (IW did 485k with semi holiday) so it's was fine really. It's just strange that CGV went up to 53% whilst normaly it's a lot lower.

I thought there must have been something wrong with monday number, but the number rather decreased. so 53% on monday is still a mystery.... anyway I'm happy that today's number is better than expected.

4 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Considering presales are already over 1.1M, we're for a massive 5 days.  13-14M admissions finish, which is out of this world.

What is the $ equivalent of 13-14 mn adm?

Edited by UserHN