Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

9 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

A good start with 75%. It is too early to predict the RT score after only 20 critics weighed in... but apparently not too early to write something like this:

When they smell blood in the water, some media hacks are eager to pile on a movie like Valerian. I'm not sure where it comes from, especially when the actual reviews are not that bad (yet?).

Yep - Once they smell blood it's a feeding frenzy

1464048004155.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

A good start with 75%. It is too early to predict the RT score after only 20 critics weighed in... but apparently not too early to write something like this:

When they smell blood in the water, some media hacks are eager to pile on a movie like Valerian. I'm not sure where it comes from, especially when the actual reviews are not that bad (yet?).

Yeah, that really is a piece of hyperbolic BS...and I still think the Hollywood Report critic was WAY over the top--reminded me of that critic from Birdman.

• Like 1

This Hollywood Reporder review is really petty and pathetic.

"Frontrunner for the Razzies", really, Todd ?

In a year that has gave us 

The Mummy

Alien Covenant

XXX 3

Transfomers The Last Knight

King Arthur, Legend of the Sword

Fifty Shades Darker

I guess America is really protectionnist when it comes to Hollywood.

"Don't play in our sandbox little french guy, only True 'Murican boys know how to play this game".

:unsure:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, Alli said:

According to reviewers every other week there's a "worst movie of the year."   talk about hyperbole. critics/media are so hungry for hits

I am gonna get flack for this, but you have no idea how hyperbole is an american thing.

This constant need to know what is best and what is worst in ingrained in american culture.

The ranking obsession also.

The "best of all time thing" is also very american.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 5

Just now, The Futurist said:

I am gonna get flack for this, but you have no idea how hyperbole is an american thing.

This constant need to know what is best and what is worst in ingrained in american culture.

Just stop at any burger joint is America. You will spend less than 5 minutes there and here somebody say "OMG best f*cking burger ever!" or "F*ck this is there worst thing I have ever eaten!"

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The ranking obsession also.

Look at the amount of sports stats in north americans sports vs Europe, not putting number of stuff and ranking them would make us crazy. That and the loose way to count time remaining to the game, we go to video replay for half second.

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

In other news, it's up to 78% on RT now!

With a 6.2 avg and one of the Freshes is a 2.5/5 review  :ph34r:

Regardless, this is the pull quote they should have in all the TV spots

Valerian is like getting slapped in the ass with a bedazzled lawn gnome. It’s either your thing or it isn’t, but you will remember it forever  - BirthMoviesDeath

• Like 3

The issue, to me, isn't that he disliked the movie.  It's just his overuse of hyperbolic terms that's obviously used to get clicks.

Eh. I think people are getting too hung up on it. Sometimes people just really hate something. You pretty much did the same for Beauty and the Beast back in that weekend thread.

• Like 3

Maybe this has been answered already and I missed it--will this be shown in IMAX 3D?  Since Dunkirk is coming out the same weekend and is guaranteed IMAX space, I'm assuming they'll be competing for IMAX screens? Sorry if this is a dumb question.