Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

10 hours ago, antovolk said:

Besson is coming off a tad stubborn here about going up against Dunkirk. If he's gonna have the film done by March, why not bring the damn release forward to get IMAX WW and avoid Nolan?

maybe you should have read more carefully. He has commitments to China and european countries to release that film around that time. If they release it earlier in North America and some countries then there might be piracy, which will kill its BO chances in Asia. 

I think both movies can co-exist, but July is very competitive with Spiderman, Apes 3, Dunkirk, Dark Tower all vying for audience money. This will have to rely on great marketing (doubtful) and very good reviews to do decently. 

I have faith in the visuals, cgi and world building, but not sure about story telling and all. Let's see.

Edited by marveldcfox

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

??? One hour back here it was already tomorrow...? As in 10 November. Or did they change the teaser trailer release?

It was also November 10 here already. I just wrote trailer tomorrow because in America it is still November 9.

• Like 2